CHAPTER TWELVE: Break Of Dawn.

November 13, 1910. New Orleans.

As the bombastic sound of Basin Street began to grow, Bey grew more and more anxious

As the bombastic sound of Basin Street began to grow, Bey grew more and more anxious. As the 3 girls, arm in arm, approached the Stratford house, she couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched. Or In better words, Stalked. She stood at the entrance, looking back, gaze locked into a dark alley across the street. However, the loud music snapped her out of her trance and she  quickly entered after Michellè.

"Bey...you alright girl? You seem tense." Kelly asked as they found a nice seat at a small table in the back of the club.

Bey nodded, taking a her drink off a tray as the waiter leaned in. "Yea. I just. I don't know I don't have a good feeling about tonight. It's eery." Bey whispered to her friends taking a sip to loosen up.

Michelle rubbed her shoulder. "We'll be alright honeybee. Sides' you know I ain't scared to cut a bitch!" She laughed and they both joined.

As Beyoncé changed her gaze, her eyes landed on a certain dark haired man at the bar.

Pierre.

Almost as if he knew she was glancing, he turned to face her. Smirking.

"Oouuuu. Who is that?" Kelly asked.

Bey rolled her eyes and looked away.

"The man from the auditions. He almost kissed me kels." Bey said getting serious at the end, as if she committed a crime.

"Damnit I knew I shoulda went!" Michelle joked.

"Bey....you gotta go talk to em. From the looks of it, he's very fond you." Kelly assured her.

"I mean, I know. I like him a little too. It's just....you know. Louis is-" she started.

"Beyoncé Giselle Beyincè, don't you speak that man's name in my presence after what he did to you. You need to have fun too. Plus you never know. He could be the one." Kelly said optimistically.

Bey huffed before downing the last of her drink. "Pray for me."

Bey stood and walked toward the man. Pierre smirked more. He was getting exactly what he wanted. After all, it was him watching from the alley. After the day of the audition, Pierre tried to find out everything he could about the object of his desire. Who her parents were, where she lived. Her favorite flowers, stores she frequented, etc.

"What do I owe the pleasure? You look ravishing to night, especially in this gown." He complemented, kissing her hand.

"Oh please. This old thang? It's alright. You don't look too bad yourself Mr..." she questioned what he should be called.