two

"You sounded great, honey," Craig Whiting told Molly over FaceTime in his thick Southern accent. So far, her favorite part about heading to Television would have to be that they were less secretive about scripts. She could send scans of them to her dad so he could read them with her like they did back in high school theater.

"Ya 'ave to say that." Molly rolled her eyes as she gave a pleased smile anyways. Her own drawl came out anytime she talked to him.

"I don't! I would tell ya if you were horrible. Ya know I tell your brother he can't read aloud all the time."

"Okay, yeah, if I was as bad as Nick you would tell me, but it's hard not to be better than him. 'Member when you asked him to read your book to you?"

"I regretted it quickly." Craig nodded as the horror of the memory flashed across his eyes.

"You should've asked me to. You know I would've over the phone."

"You're busy, Flub, and I knew that."

"I'd make time for you." Molly couldn't help the defensive tone she let on.

"Of course you would. But I don't ever want for you to miss out on experiences 'cause of lil old me."

"You and Nick will always be my priority."

"I know we will. I know." Craig's connection started to get fuzzy, "But work needs to be priority too. I wanna watch you get an Emmy!"

"I just want a steady paycheck, Pa."

"Ya know ya gotta shoot for the stars."

"I do nothing but my best."

"Keep it that way."

"I will." And she meant it. Molly wasn't a good student in high school. She was smart, but didn't care to do the work or put in any effort. However, after Craig had gotten sick her senior year, she started to put her full effort in and hadn't slowed up since. Not in college and not in her career.

"I gotta go, Flub. My connection is struggling. Wifi has been terrible lately."

"Do you want me to send money for a new system?"

"No, no. That's not necessary. I can have Nick call the company if it gets bad enough. They'll send a new one- no money necessary."

"Okay, but if somethin' changes let me know."

"I will. Talk to ya later, okay?"

"Talk to you later. Love you lots."

"Love ya lots." Craig repeated back.

*********

"How'z zee feet?" The costume designer, Victoria, asked Molly while she squeezed the waistline of her pants. She was an old French woman who was the epitome of the costume designer stereotype. She wore wide rim glasses attached to sparkly chain around her neck and spoke in a thick accent.

"Fit's great." Molly nodded enthusiastically. Her character was to be an out of touch rich woman who was required to work a service job before she got her inheritance. So most of her non-work outfits were to be very professional. But she honestly hated this costume: pleated orange pants, a matching orange blazer- she looked like a criminal more than a fashion icon.

But Molly could see the pink waitress shirt her character would eventually dawn and pushed her negative feelings down. It was just for the pilot episode and after that she'd primarily be wearing causal clothes like the rest of them.