Prolouge to Internships

After the entire Festival was over, U.A. was closed for the next three days for everyone to rest and recover.

Izumi spent her time at Count's as her mom had to pull double shifts.

One night, Izumi had another dream.

She was back in the peaceful forest and lake and turned to see Shigaraki Tomura again.

"This again? Is this one of those dreamwalking scenes in rpgs?" Tomura said to himself.

Izumi wondered what he meant but realized something.

"You talk like one of those gamer types." She said getting his attention.

"The little Summoner. What did you say?"

"Well I'm remembering back at the USJ that you used a lot of gamer lingo, words like Game Over, NPC, cheating, hack and final boss. Plus your current outfit looks perfect for a shut-in gamer." Then she leaned in and sniffed a bit. "And do I detect a hint of whiskey? You need to be better at hiding that, or folks will know you live at a bar." She said catching Shigaraki off-guard.

"And if you are wondering we are in some kind of dreamscape, but I don't know why or why us...........in fact, I wanted to ask you myself........." She said catching Shigaraki's attention.

"You kept talking of how you wanted to kill All Might, a bit wild, but you did it with a straight face. But the attack was too bold. No one would suddenly decide to kill the Symbol of Peace overnight.........why do you want to kill him? Moreover, was it really your order? ...........or someone else's? Are they having you as their face?"

Shigaraki was surprised. She quickly figured that out and it hasn't even been a month since the attack.

"............Heh, you actually have a brain compared to the other NPCs.............I owe everything to my sensei. He took me in when others turned a blind eye. No hero came to help me." He said with a cold voice but it didn't anger Izumi.

"Well at least we agree on one thing. Most heroes these days turn a blind eye to those that really suffer. And a fixed system keeps civilians from helping those in need. It seems to favor those with great power and dismisses those with weak or "villainous" powers. It takes a lot of courage to go against the status quo." Izumi said. "That's why I decided to be a hero. I don't plan to start an agency, I already have a stable job. I plan to correct that system. By climbing the ranks and gaining public support, and with some luck, the masses and maybe even certain heroes can learn to question it."

"You want to go against those who discriminate the weak? You sure that's heroic?" Shigaraki said scratching his neck.

"Heh, you'd be surprised that some heroes have connections to the Underworld for their sick interests and to satisfy their vices. I met a few back when I attended CLAMP. My education there taught me no one is above the law. That even heroes are fallible. My fellow alumni do no such thing, our main lesson is not to see in black and white or you'll miss the whole picture."

Shigaraki was silent from that but suddenly, the dream faded and two certain people woke up again.
---------
Shigaraki was lost on thought as he looked at the photo in his hand.

Giran had come by earlier and he was able to get the information he asked for.

Izumi Midoriya.

Age: 14, she'll be 15 by July.

Height: 5'5

Weight: 122

She graduated from CLAMP Academy not too long ago, and it also said that she skipped some grades as she received a scholarship since she was six.

She also graduated a Valedictorian with connections to various Karate Dojos, dance studios, and restaurants. Some of which she worked part-time in the past, but the payment was worth it.

One had a payment of 10,000 yen per hour!
And this was from a ten-star restaurant he never heard of!

She also lent her assistance in finding strange foods that he never heard of before either.

One example was a strange food called the Jewel Meat, which is from a creature called the Regal Mammoth and dubbed a Food Treasure since ancient times and combines the taste of all the different parts of the animal. With an incandescent lamp-like radiance that dulls jewels and lights up a night sky, it provides light to the entire Regal Mammoth's body. As it is located in a different location in every mammoth, it is almost impossible to find.

In ancient times, it was considered analogous to a wedding ring, and in contemporary times, as proof of one's strength in being able to slay a Regal Mammoth and to find the Jewel Meat. Now people have the technology to humanely extract the Jewel Meat without killing the mammoth in order for the meat to be harvested regularly.

And just 100 grams of the meat alone is worth 5,000,000 yen!

And the elusive Ozone Herb, or King of Vegetables is said to be worth a billion per leaf!

Melk Stardust which is said to shine like gold and be the best sharpening stone for first class knifes, and a price can't be put on it!

Then there is the Shining Gourami or the Crystal Fish said to be worth 300,000,000 yen! But can only be found behind Death Falls which drop over a trillion liters of water per minute and is a kilometer wide, earning it another name, Executioner Falls.

Despite the danger of getting them, Anyone would have been set for life!

Then there is the fact Izumi has a widowed mother. Her husband Hisashi died in a villain attack while on the job. He worked as a welder, fitting for his quirk which allowed him to breathe fire.

Inko Midoriya worked as an assistant nurse at a community hospital since her husband's death and Izumi gained her quirk which was neither from her mom or dad's family.

Her "quirk", Cardcaptor, basically allows her to summon beings with their own unique quirks from cards. It's also a sentient quirk as they interact with her like a person would. They vary from animals, to people, and objects.

Which is strange considering she was assumed to be quirkless until she was six. Either the doctors misdiagnosed her, she was a late bloomer, or it was a kind of quirk that couldn't be traced.

She is also fluent in many languages taught in CLAMP, including English, French, Spanish, Turkish, Italian, Swedish, Chinese, German, Portuguese, Russian, Greek, and she was now learning Arabic and Roman outside the classroom.

Achieving the top 5 students rank in CLAMP with straight As in languages, Math, Science, and PE as subjects,  followed by Social Studies, Music, Art, Creative Writing, and Home Economics as electives. Others included Computer Skills, Cooking Skills, Visual, Survival, and Digital Art Skills along with Acrobatic and Gymnastic Training, physical and muscular training and Detective Skills.

But anyone who couldn't get into the top 100 of their grade would be kicked out, and those in the top 30 had a perfect score of 500!

Yikes! This place would make U.A look like a kindergarten!

"Quite interesting........too interesting to be a NPC..........."

-----------------------
The second Saga in The Verdant Cardcaptor is done! Now we move to the next book:

Cardcaptor's Mark

Plz comment