V - surprise

"You're what?!"

Kat couldn't help the wide grin that spread over her face as she listened to the voice on the receiver.

"Yup, i'll be there at lunch we're almost there"

The past few weeks had been pretty good for Kat and Jacob, he had put in a serious effort after the way their phone call ended when she overheard Crystal. Now he had just informed her of a spontaneous visit to Hawkins as he was playing a show a few towns over.

"Oh my god, I can't believe I get to see you today" She squealed excitedly.

This had turned her day around completely, she had no plans for the weekend yet and had resided herself to the plan of staying in bored out her mind like the weekend previous.

"I'll come pick you up, ditch the afternoon and you can come to soundcheck"

She agreed and said her goodbyes, practically skipping out the door as she made her way to school. For once the weather was actually nice, the sun was out and the wind was gone and it even felt slightly hot.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Nancy asked with Steve's arms around her.

"My boyfriend's visiting" Kat smiled.

She wanted to play it cool and be her usually nonchalant self but she couldn't contain her happiness, she hadn't seen Jacob in so many weeks and he had been so sweet over the phone recently that she missed him more than ever.

"Oh that's so exciting! Will we get to meet him?" Nancy asked.

"I'm not sure, he's playing a show like an hour away so if you guys wanna come, you should" Kat replied.

Steve explained he was throwing another party but invited them to come as a sort of after-party so Kat agreed to the plan. Maybe if Jacob seen how fun Hawkins could be then he would be inclined to visit more, she thought.

Her attention in morning classes was basically non-existent, mostly daydreaming while looking out the window. Billy noticed her mind was distracted as she barely reciprocated conversation in chemistry class leaving him slightly deflated.

When it got to lunchtime she sat eagerly on the bench looking out into the parking lot. Steve, Nancy and the others made conversation around her but she wasn't paying much attention. She didn't even bother buying food, figuring her and Jacob could grab something better than cafeteria food.

She seen a familiar car pull in and she uttered quick goodbyes to the group as she sprinted over.

Billy had also decided to sit outside for lunch today and make the most of what little sun they got in Hawkins. He noticed Kat running out the corner of his eye and watched as she ran into the arms of a boy he didn't recognise. He heard Nancy comment how 'cute' the moment was and tapped Steve's shoulder for attention.

"Who's that?" He asked, his noseyness taking over.

"Her boyfriend" Steve replied simply "He's playing a show nearby or something"

Billy looked back over at the unfamiliar boy, they couldn't look more different. He had jet black hair that was long and messy and covered his face, his clothes also following a monochromatic  look with black jeans, black shirt and a leather black jacket.

"That's her boyfriend?" Billy scoffed.

Kat could do a lot better, not that he was even talking about himself in particular but it was no secret that she was the talk of the school for a reason; she was gorgeous and held herself with such confidence that it only made her more attractive.