IX - chemistry

Ten in the morning.

It was ten in the morning and Kat couldn't focus on a word the teacher was saying because her mind insisted on replaying scenes from the night before. The memories refused to leave her head, painfully lingering as she bit down hard on her pen to subsidise the ache in her body for more.

She had never been with anyone like Billy, he was some sort of expert in the ways of making women grip the sheets for dear life as he worked his magic on them. Now that she had experienced it first hand, she understood why all the girls stared just that little bit longer when he walked past, why they hung about near his car in the hopes he'd take one of them home with him.

He had made her feel better than any boy had ever managed to and she hated it more than anything. She hated it because her turn was over now, she was old news and soon he'd have his attention fixed on the next shiny, new toy to play around with. What was a hungry, passionate night for her was just another day to Billy Hargrove and she knew that from the confident swagger of his walk into the front doors this morning with his eyes concealed behind dark sunglasses as he strode past her.

She wanted more, she craved it. She stole glances at him from the other side of the table at lunch, his attention fully focused on whatever conversation he was having with Tommy while she zoned out completely, staring at his lips watching them open and close again and again wishing she could feel them all over her skin.

"You want a napkin?"

She pulled herself out her daydream to find Steve sat across from her with a smug looking smile plastered on his face.

"Huh?" She asked with a puzzled expression.

"You know.." He teased "For the drool coming out your mouth looking at Hargrove"

Her cheeks flushed at his words shushing Steve and praying Billy hadn't overheard his little statement. Steve found the whole situation amusing, he knew sooner or later that she would fall subject to the boy's charm sooner or later.

"I take it he's the reason your legs weren't working in gym earlier" He commented.

"Shut up" She hissed throwing her plastic spoon at him which he expertly caught.

"You gotta get over your little crush real fast or else you're gonna be the one ending up crushed" He explained.

She nodded her head, fully aware of the situation. Billy wasn't the relationship type, that much was evident from the many notches on his bedpost and she wasn't ready to be in one anytime soon after how things ended with Jacob. That didn't mean she couldn't daydream about his muscles all day or how he moaned her name on top of her.

"It was just a hook up, that's it" She explained trying to sound convincing.

"He's coming over towards you" Steve replied.

"What?!" Kat whispered, immediately feeling herself start to freak out.

Her panic quickly subsided as she watched Steve hold back his laughter while Billy remained planted at the other side of the table with his back towards them as Tommy animatedly teased the freshmen walking past.

"Oh you should have seen your face!" Steve laughed.

"Shouldn't you be annoying Nancy or something?" Kat hissed.

She had noticed Nancy's absence that day and wondered if she was even at school at all. Normally she had her hip practically attached to Steve's as they exchanged sickly sweet words of adoration that made Kat want to gauge her eyes out.

"She's at home sick" Steve replied "So you're fresh outta luck"

"Great" Kat groaned.

She walked into her last class of the day, one she had been dreading the most in fact. She noticed Billy was already in his seat and she slid herself in next to him, hoping he couldn't hear how wildly her heart was beating.