X - stubborn

Kat flattened down her hair while checking her makeup was still intact in Billy's passenger window. Beside her, he was still trying to regain his normal breathing rhythm after another of their impromptu sessions.

It had been a month now and Kat and Billy had hooked up more times than she could count. This time they were sat in an almost empty parking lot outside the Starcourt Mall, the clock on billy's watch reading eleven pm. They were only supposed to go see a movie, a harmless group activity with the others that somehow led to Kat now frantically fixing her dress before she had to go home. It started with a brush of the hand, then a caress of the inner thigh and somehow before she knew it she was pulling Billy out of the darkened theatre and back to the car to climb on top of him.

He knew what he was doing, he knew just how easily she folded under his touch and he couldn't get enough. Each time he'd see just how quickly he could get her to succumb to him with the smallest of words and most innocent of touches. It was a whole new level of thrill for him; being able to get his fun and challenge himself in a way that didn't require nearly as much effort as he was used to.

"You're getting good at that" He smirked breathlessly.

"At what?" She replied puzzled.

She flipped the mirror back up and reapplied her lipstick that had gotten severely smudged.

"Being on top" He said.

Her mouth fell open even further than it already was, lipstick in hand as she let out a scoff.

"I've always been good on top" She corrected.

"Good" He hummed "But not great"

As much as she enjoyed their little situationship, his ego never halted and often got on her nerves more than anything.

"You think you're something special, huh?" She asked.

"Oh I know I am" He smiled.

If he wasn't so ridiculously good at making her come then she would've cut this off a long time ago. He was arrogant, rude and downright narcissistic but there was something addictive about him and Kat was fearing no amount of rehab would ever cure this fatal attraction.

"Whatever" She groaned as he started up the car.

The roar of the engine filled the silent car park, the neon light from the main sign illuminating the space as he began to speed out of the lot.

"I'm only teasing" He said after a few minutes of silence.

Kat was stubborn, more than himself. He found it fun to taunt her, he found her even sexier when she was mad and her eyebrows furrowed in while her lip jutted out like a kid who'd got coal in their stocking at Christmas.

"You going to Tina's party tomorrow?" She asked.

He shrugged his shoulders while taking a sharp right, his attention focused on the heavy music blaring from the speakers.

"Maybe" He replied.

Kat rolled her eyes knowing better than to expect a straight answer from Billy, he was an expert in the in-between; always lying somewhere in showing up but never reliable and present but never fully committing. He had ditched her on several occasions and at first it bothered her until she realised that was just what he was like, it wasn't personal; it was just his way of being.

It worked well for her, she reminded herself. She wasn't ready for another relationship, her trust squashed into a thousand pieces the night she found Jacob with his hands all around Crystal without a second thought. She wasn't going to put herself in that position again, not for anyone and especially not for Billy Hargrove of all people.