Chapter 40: Why don't You Like Me

When Yang Yunzhi heard that someone was coming to visit so late, he was so frightened that he even held his breath.

The person who knocked on the door didn't see anyone coming to open the door, and shouted at the top of her voice: "Brother Yang, it's me, I'm Sister Chu."

Hearing that the person who came was Chu Han, Yang Yunzhi was able to breathe again when the air around him was grabbed.

When Yang Yunzhi came out to open the door, he happened to catch Shi Yu who was about to go out. Their eyes met in mid-air. The latter immediately lowered his head in a hurry and pulled his hair to cover his face, thinking in his heart that it was best for her not to recognize him.

Shi Yu only glanced at it and then withdrew her gaze, then fell on the tall woman outside the door.

Isn't that woman the bookkeeper who used to be in the county government office and wanted to use her official power to blackmail her into a few taels of silver?

On the second day, the sky was slightly bright, and the mist was still in Xiaotao Village by the river.

Today is the day when Shi Yu comes to propose to Lin An and discuss the wedding date. No, they have been busy all morning.

Lin Qingyu, who was supposed to return to the college a few days ago, asked for leave from the college again because she wanted to watch her younger brother get married with her own eyes, and postponed her return for a few days.

In the kitchen, Mr. Lin Chen, who was preparing to eat, saw that his son was still wearing the coarse linen clothes of the past, and said angrily: "Today Shi Yu will come to formally proposes marriage to you, why don't you dress up."

Lin An, who knew that Sister Shi Yu was coming today and wanted to propose marriage to him, covered his hot cheeks and lowered his long eyelashes shyly: "Sister Shi Yu has never seen me looking like that."

"You kid, how can you make such a point? If our men don't dress up in front of the wife, who will we dress up for? Besides, men only want to please their appearance, so you dress up beautifully and wait for me to come in. My wife will also look at you." Lin Chen suddenly thought of something, patted his leg, and dragged him towards the room.

"Come here and let dad dress you up. I'll make sure your future wife won't be able to take her eyes off you."

Lin An's cheeks turned red when he him say 'Future Wife': "Dad, the marriage has not been decided yet, what are you talking about?"

"Isn't it just a matter of time? No woman would be able to hold a son as beautiful as my An'er in the palm of her hand."

Lin Qiao was supposed to get up early in the morning and apply pink dots on his face, but suddenly the yuegui (Yuegui: menstruation) came and forced him to lie on the bed in anger, biting his mouth so hard that his lips bleeds, and his fingers scratched the thin quilt underneath him.

Not to mention dressing up, when he moved now, he felt the pain of a knife stirring his intestines. His lower body felt sore and swollen as if he had been soaked in winter well water. The most unbearable thing for him was that if he moved, his lower body would collapse, if he forced to get up from the bed, it will cause dizziness and vomiting.

For this reason, his mother asked his husband to prescribe some medicine for him.

He drank it but it had no effect. After a long time, he would lie on the bed during the days when Yuegui came, and sleep for a whole day in a daze, and only walk out of the bed when his symptoms got better.

Even so, the past few days in Yuegui were still extremely unpleasant. If anything happened that didn't go his way at all, his mood would collapse and he would become furious.