Chapter 39

I still can't believe that I just had a threesome with both Simon and Jhonny, while being in Shadow Company's base. Life gets pretty great sometimes, or should I say crazy.

It felt amazing to be with both of them, I had finally been able to relax and clear my mind. They had done a great job in easing my worries and let me enjoy our time together.

But now that we were done, I couldn't help but wonder how things will go on from here on out. Was this just a one time thing? Or is this the new normal?

There was still a lot to talk about, and that fueled the constant overthinking in my head. As time went by, every lingering glare or the smallest sigh would make my heart speed up. A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts.

I took a step back to create some space between myself and Simon, but I didn't get far. His arm possessively wrapped around my waist and pulled me back closer towards him. It was a sweet gesture that turned my cheeks red.

Jhonny walked over to open the door only just enough to peak his head through. One Shadow soldier stood on the other side of the door, requesting our presence in the conference room. Jhonny told him we were on our way right before he closed the door again.

He turned around and walked over to stand in front of me, a smile was placed on his face when he looked at the hoodie I was wearing, his hoodie. He reached for his jacket right before he stopped to place a sweet kiss on my lips.

I placed my hand in his outstretched one as he guided me out of the room, with Simon following close behind me. It couldn't be happier nor feel safer when I had both of them so close to me.

Simon wasn't the kind of man that enjoyed showing public display of affection, which was fine for me. I know he struggled with it and I respect his boundaries. I don't love him any less for it.

Jhonny on the other hand loved it, he was proudly walking around the base while holding onto my hand. He'd parade me around like I was some sort of trophy, it was adorable.

They were so different, like fire and ice yet when they were together, I feel complete. Now that I've had a taste of them both, I wouldn't be able to go back to how it was before.

We reached the doors to the conference room, right before we were about to enter did I take my hand back. Jhonny entered the room first and the muscles in his back stiffened. Something was wrong.

I peaked over his shoulder to see a glimpse of Price, who had his back turned towards us. As I walked further inside, did I noticed Shepard standing right in front of him, frozen to his spot because of the gun Price had aimed towards him.

You could cut the tension with a knife. We came to a halt when we reached the table the others were standing around. My eyes widened when I saw more Shadows storming inside, with their guns held high, aiming it at Price.

Jhonny took a step to the right, his shoulder was now in front of me in a protectively way. Like he'd use his own body as a human shield. With Simon standing right behind me, it felt like I was standing inside a protective bubble.

"What's going on in here?" Simon said, clearly as surprised as the rest of us.

Nobody said a word, they just continued their staring contest. Graves was on high alert, standing next to Shepard trying to calm the situation, but Price didn't listen to him.

"Price?" The nerves made my voice brake.

"We're leaving." Price said while finally lowering his gun.

He turned around to face us and placed his hand was on my back as he guided me towards the door. But the Shadows that stood in front of it didn't move. It made my body stiffen, as if it could tell that something was going to happen.