Oh mighty Zeus

"Hello ladies and gentleman!" The boy with black hair practically yelled. The other two startled awake. "I am the one and only Sirius Black!"

"And I am the great James Potter!"

I just glared at them, I mean how dare they barge in and disturb the peace. It was so nice, and they annoyingly awoke Marlene and Tommy from their slumber. How inconsiderate!

"Ah tough crowd I see," The boy claiming to be James Potter said, sweeping his eyes around the compartment. "Maybe if we make a re-entrance it might make a difference, what do ya think Sirius?"

Please, oh mighty Zeus if you hear my prayers, bring your strongest lighting bolt down upon them so they can just leave. I just wanna enjoy the scenery. Unfortunately my prayers of destruction fell on deaf ears because the so-called Sirius Black boy agreed with James. They disappeared for about two seconds before coming back.

"Ladies and gentleman, may I please reintroduce myself as the brilliant James Potter, and" the Potter boy looked over to queue his friend to speak after him "the Astonishingly handsome Sirius Black." Black finished his sentence.

Brilliant and handsome my butt. How about daft and laughable? Yeah those ones seemed more fitting. Am I judging too harshly? Yes definitely so, but I do not care. One does not understand just how much I enjoy my peace and quiet once I've been in it for some time, and how much I greatly dislike being pulled from it. I've been told I get grouchy.

"Please, finish your little charade and move onto the next people." I said. Maybe if I just give them a blank stare they'll leave. It seemed to almost work on Potter, but Black seemed unfazed and rather let himself into the compartment and sat next to me. Oh what did I deserve to do this?

"Oh you know it's just easier to say my hotness burns your eyes instead of pretending to want us to leave so badly." He started to lift his arm as if to put it over my shoulders.

"I swear to the great merlin above if you so much as touch me I will not hesitate to hex you into the next oblivion once we arrive to Hogwarts." I stared at the wall as I did this instead of looking at him. It was a great intimidation tactic as his arm retreated back to his side. Although unfortunately the Potter kid decided to sit down too. Why can't I have my peace back? That's all I ask for.

I saw Tommy and Marlene finally start to sit all the way up and look actively awake and part of the world again. Took them long enough.

"Oh James! It's good to see you, I haven't seen you in almost a year!" Marlene jumped up excitedly and hugged him, to my utter horror. I just want peace! "I didn't even notice that was you Marls! It's good to see you." I just looked on at the scene in disbelief. Looks like my peace is gone for good.

"I'm so confused right now. Where did they come from?" Tommy looked like a zombie that wanted to go back to sleep, can't blame him though.

"I wish I could tell ya Tommy, they appeared out of thin air and just wouldn't go away" I told him grouchily, looking to the ground in disappointment.

I managed to ignore them and tune them out for the next hour, despite their attempts. I ended up spacing out and when I came back to reality I realized I really, really had to pee. "Excuse me guys, I'll be right back," and with that I grabbed my robes and exited the compartment. Mine as well make a two-in-one trip and change while I'm at it.

I wonder what would happen if the train were to suddenly go off the rails and catch fire and crash? I wondered as I made my way down to where I hoped the bathroom was. Oh there it is, good I was going the right way. Without another hesitation I went in and finally relieved myself then proceeded to wash up and change.

As I was walking back to the compartment I was from, the creepy boy from earlier passed by me and, very aggressively might I add, shoulder checked me. The audacity of this kid!

"Hey Mr. Creepy, what is your problem?" I turned around to yell it back towards him, but he just ignored me! Why that- ugh, why are people so difficult? Without another thought I went after him and just as aggressively, I grabbed his shoulder and forced him to turn around and look at me.

"I asked you a question, didn't mummy and daddy ever teach you some manners?" The boy just looked at me. Now I was confused, he didn't hold any anger or resentment on his face, was he messing with me? You know what he probably was. Well in that case...

"You know what, never mind you aren't worth my time." With that I turned to leave, but I only made it two steps before I heard him mumble something. I turned back towards him, "I'm sorry, what was that?" I looked at him expectantly.

"Why can't I read you?" Okay, now I was lost? What did he think I was supposed to be, a book?

"Well of course you can't read me, It's not like I'm made of inky English words now am I?" He took a moment to process my words before chuckling. Okay, what in the actual bipolar heck was wrong with this kid? First he's mad and egotistical, then he's blank, and now he's smiling. I mean I do things like that to throw people off for fun so I'm not much better, but I've never been on the receiving end. Except I don't think he's doing it on purpose... maybe-

"No no no, I mean why can't I read you, as in your mind. It's completely blank?" He stared at me with a quizzical look on his face. Oh... wait how did he know my mind can't be read. No, no that's bad. Only someone who knows legilimens could know that... but that could only mean.. he knows it. I visibly made an "Oh" face when I put the connections together. I quickly pulled him down the train and into the bathroom with me. I cannot let him go running around about me, it could be bad. Maybe if I befriended him, or blackmailed him I wouldn't have to worry. Or pray and hope for the next couple years till I learn how to obliviate people that he doesn't go blabbing his mouth.

"Are you a legilimens?" I questioned him. "Yes, I ta-" I interrupted him before he could go on. I am going to be asking the questions first. "Were you taught how to use it?" I stared at him awaiting an answer. "No... I was born with the gift, but what's it matter to you. I asked you first." I just stared at him, then held out my hand. befriending him might be the easiest and smartest option, it wouldn't be nice of him if he went on blabbering about his friend on how their mind was locked away. The ministry is too much of a butt to deal with if they knew, seeing as their history they like to lock away or kill things they don't understand.

"Name's Kiara Holmes, and you?" I stared at him, before he finally took my hand. "Varian Arquette" Sounds like a very rich person's name if you ask me, which explains a lot about him already. "Now that we've introduced ourselves, could you please answer my question?" He looked at me. Ooh, a rich boy with manners! It's like the knowledge of him not knowing why he couldn't read me was killing him. Maybe it was good for him. Eh, I'll just give him a cryptic answer instead.

"Yeah yeah, I'm an occlumens of a sort." He looked at me funny, "Of a sort?''

"Look if your tiny little head is gonna explode from not knowing then you'll have to find me at school because I really don't think discussing this is a good idea in the train bathroom." I paused before continuing, "Can't say the same for you though as you spilled your guts to me already." Ha, what a fool. Did someone give him the beginners handbook on how to fail questioning? After that I just simply smiled at him and left, leaving him standing in the bathroom questioning everything he could. Who knows, he might even be wondering if hamsters are actually midget guinea pigs in disguise too.