Plum Princess

After leaving the boy named Varian in the bathroom, I made my way back to the compartment. I'm sure if it wasn't for the fact Varian and I are eleven, us being in the bathroom together would've been scandalous if someone saw. As I approached the door to our compartment, I saw James and Sirius leaving. Oh thank goodness they're finally leaving, rather unfortunate it wasn't due to my prayers of destruction from earlier though.

"Hi Key, took you long enough. You completely missed it!" Tommy said as I walked into the compartment and sat down. "Missed wh-" I noticed Marlene was now covered in something purple, although she seemed to be rather amused about it. Tommy started laughing when he saw my expression upon seeing Marlene.

"What did those two do to you Marlene!" They both only started laughing harder, before Marlene finally answered me, "James tried to show off his magic skill and turn my hair purple... he ended up turning everything purple." I just looked at her in disbelief, "You're telling me you let an untrained first year much like us point a wand at you and attempt to use it? What if he, I don't know, Turned your arm into a sappy tree branch?"

"Well when you put it like that I guess it probably wasn't the brightest idea..." Marlene responded to me, she definitely didn't look like she regretted it though. "Please tell me purple is at least your favorite color." I looked at her, hoping it was the case. "Well duh, I wouldn't let him attempt to turn my hair just any color" Marlene laughed.

While she was laughing, I realized her first impression to the entire school was being a purple smurf, upon realizing that I burst out laughing joining in with Marlene. "Tommy, guess- what" I was laughing so hard it was hard to talk straight.

"What?" Tommy chuckled, it looked like he was having a hard time not joining in the laughter with Marlene and I again. "Marlene's first Hogwarts impression is- is" I couldn't even finish the sentence it was so funny. My sides were starting to hurt from the uncontrollable laughter. I looked at Tommy through my happy teary eyes and saw the realization cross his face as he started laughing, joining in with me.

Marlene, looking skeptical, had stopped laughing and started to worry about what was so funny now. "Guys, I know me being purple is funny, but it's not that funny..." She was looking at us cautiously trying to figure out our laughter, but Tommy just laughed harder at her questioning. "Key what were you trying to tell him!"

I was finally able to get a hold of my laughter, trying to catch my breath, "Well Marlene, you're gonna have to walk in front of the entire school looking like a blueberry, and that is going to be the first thing anyone knows of you" I could barely finish my sentence before laughing again.

Marlene looked horrified, "No! That can't happen you guys, help me get rid of it! I can't be a blueberry when I get sorted!" And she thought telling Tommy I had Chimera blood was the funniest thing to happen today, is this like some sort of version of Karma for saying something about it?

Tommy broke my chain of thought when he started to speak. "Oh Marlene, think of the nicknames! Blueberry, purple girl, plum princess..." Marlene looked more and more horrified as he went on, so I decided to join in "Tommy don't tell me that's the most creative you can get?"

Tommy looked back over to me and smiled a mischievous smile, "Well I mean if you've got better ones I think you should share them with everyone else" Oh he read my mind. "Well then if that's the case, there's Miss Rainbow Finale, Walking Eggplant, Grape Ape, The Purple Pupil, Blueberry Muffin, oh the list goes on!"

"No, no no no you guys can't let me go out there like this. It's not funny anymore, I can't have those nicknames carrying me through my entire time at Hogwarts" I couldn't help but laugh at Marlene's panic. Maybe it was a bit mean, but panicky people are funny and no one can convince me otherwise.