Together Breakfast

3rd Pov

Steven: We see the beach house as Steven opens the windows to watch the sunrise "Everyone's out. Guess I'm makin' us breakfast." We see a Montage sequence of Steven rummaging his kitchen and making breakfast, starting with a stack of waffles with lots of syrup on them

Steven: knocks on temple door "Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst? Is anyone home?" turns around with a determined look on his face "Hm!" Steven then microwaves some popcorn and dumps them over the waffles.

Steven: sitting in front of the Warp Pad "One, two, three, warp in!" falls over to his side and sighs "I guess they're still out saving the world." Steven then sprays a mountain of whipped cream on top of the waffles.

Steven: looks at the breakfast he just made "Look at you, you are out of control!" opens the front door of the house "Pearl? Garnet?!" goes back inside Continuing to improve the breakfast, Steven takes a strawberry and carefully places it on top of the whipped cream. He then lifts the breakfast up in triumph.

Steven: "It's done!" sets it down on the kitchen, sighs, and flops next to the breakfast "That thing's too good for me to eat alone. It's a... "Together Breakfast"." The Warp Pad suddenly beamed in, startling Steven. Garnet then appears from the warp stream, carrying a scroll in her hand.

Steven: "Ah, Garnet, perfect!" picks up the Together Breakfast "Check it out! It's not exactly healthy, but it's in a stack, so I guess you could say, it's a... balanced breakfast?"
Steven strains a smile at his own joke, trying to get a reaction from Garnet, but she didn't.

Steven: "You know, like I made us all breakfast. I thought we could eat together. Like, like best buds!"

Garnet: "I can't stay. There's business to attend to inside the temple." shines her gems at the Temple Gate and it opens

Steven: "Aw, business? Like what?" sets the Together Breakfast on the kitchen counter

Garnet: "I have to burn this." unfurls the scroll, revealing strange mystic symbols, as ominous whispers are heard

Steven: "Cool!" takes a photo of the scroll with his smartphone, and Garnet snatches it away "Ah!"

Garnet: "I have to burn this, too." leaves into the temple and the Temple Gate closes behind her

Steven: runs up to the gate "No, my apps! Door!" lifts his shirt and presses his gem against it "Open, door!" Nothing happens. "Aw, you never work when I need it." walks away dejected Just then, a purple police bursts in through the front door of the house, wielding a water gun.

Dumb Police: "Dumb Police! Uhhh, you're dumb!" shoots the water gun

Steven: notices the water gun is aimed at the Together Breakfast and jumped in front of it in slow motion "Nooooooo!" gets squirted on his chest the purple police starts laughing and his head shapeshifts, revealing to be Amethyst all this time.

Amethyst: "Oh man, I totally got you! You should've seen the look on your face!"

Steven: "Aw, I knew it was you." gets up and walks towards his closet

Amethyst: "Pfft, how?"

Steven: changes into a new dry shirt "Because that's a water gun. And I'm not dumb."

Amethyst: points at Steven's shirt "You've got something on your shirt." Steven looks down and inspects his shirt. Amethyst then squirts another blast of water at him and laughs. Just then, the Temple Gate starts opening.