The Rooftop of Tomorrow

Arisa hummed a soft tune as she stood before the mirror in her room, adjusting the collar of her uniform. Her mind danced with the memory of Thyme's confession, a gentle smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she made her way down the stairs. Today promised to be a good day.

Just as she reached the threshold of her door, a sleek black car glided to a stop outside her house. Arisa's heart leaped with anticipation, expecting Thyme's familiar face to emerge from the vehicle. Instead, the door swung open, revealing a woman clad in a stunning suit. She stepped out gracefully, her posture exuding confidence and elegance.

The woman flashed a warm smile at Arisa, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. Arisa's brows furrowed slightly in confusion. She couldn't recall ever meeting this woman before. "Can I help you?" Arisa asked, her voice tinged with curiosity.

The woman took a step closer, her gaze sweeping over Arisa as if assessing her. "You must be Arisa," she said, her voice smooth and melodic. "I'm Tia, Thyme's sister."

Arisa's eyes widened in surprise, her confusion deepening. She had heard Thyme mention his sister before, but she had never expected to encounter her like this. Tia's presence commanded attention, and Arisa couldn't help but admire her impeccable sense of style and poise.

Tia extended her hand towards Arisa, a welcoming gesture. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you," she said warmly.

Arisa hesitated for a moment before tentatively reaching out to shake Tia's hand. "Likewise," she replied, offering a polite smile.

Tia's offer to drop her off caught Arisa off guard, but she nodded in acceptance, feeling a mix of curiosity and apprehension. She slid into the car beside Rita, the plush interior enveloping her in luxury.

As the car glided smoothly along the road, Tia wasted no time in getting to the heart of the matter. "I'll be frank with you, Arisa," she began, her tone serious yet not unkind. "My mother is not pleased about your relationship with Thyme."

Arisa's heart sank at Tia's words, a wave of disappointment washing over her. She had feared that Thyme's family might not approve of their relationship, but hearing it confirmed still stung. Before Tia could continue, Arisa lifted her chin defiantly, determination gleaming in her eyes.

"I understand," Arisa replied, her voice steady despite the tumult of emotions churning within her. "But I won't let that deter me. I care about Thyme, and I won't let anyone dictate who I can or cannot be with."

Tia regarded Arisa with a mixture of surprise and admiration, a hint of a smile playing at the corners of her lips. "You have a strong spirit, Arisa," she remarked. "I can see why my brother is drawn to you."

As the car continued its journey, Tia's demeanor softened, and she spoke with a touch of warmth in her voice. "You know, Arisa," she began, her gaze fixed on the passing scenery, "I've noticed a change in Thyme since he's been with you. He's become more... open, more expressive. It's a side of him that I haven't seen in years."

Arisa listened intently, a glimmer of hope flickering in her eyes at Tia's words. Despite the challenges they faced, knowing that she had made a positive impact on Thyme's life filled her with a sense of reassurance.

Tia turned to Arisa, her expression earnest. "If there's ever anything you need, Arisa, or if things get difficult, don't hesitate to reach out to me," she offered, her voice sincere. With a graceful motion, she retrieved a sleek business card from her purse and extended it to Arisa.

Arisa accepted the card with a nod of gratitude, tucking it safely into her pocket. "Thank you, Tia," she said softly, touched by the gesture. "I'll keep that in mind."