Chapter 18

The time had finally arrived. The ballroom was lit up by blinding lights and decorated with bright colors. There were a lot of nobles already there; they were all dancing, despite the ball having just begun. It made Harry wonder just how many more people would come as the night grew older.

The guests of honor had yet to arrive. Harry stood at a table, her transparent jewel jewelry constantly clung together every time she moved. She felt like she had come a little too early herself.

Harry hadn't seen her family or anyone she knew yet. She wondered if she would recognize them even if she did meet them. She thought she was unrecognizable.

She was dawned in an icy blue flowery dress and had on very uncomfortable glass heels. She'd had her straight hair curled into waves by Leona, who had just discovered how to create this new hairstyle and insisted that Harry let her try it out. She also had silver butterfly hairpieces fixed around the side of her head. She smelled strongly of roses and had a sort of sparkle to her face.

A few boys had turned their heads to look at her while some attempted to approach her. It was the same with the girls, but it was more extreme with the boys. She escaped to a food table so that she was certain to be left alone there. After all, the food tables at balls aren't the best places for conversations.

Harry tapped her fork to her empty plate. As she debated whether or not to leave and then come back later once the party actually began, that's when they appeared.

Harry's eyes widened at the sight of the Taram royal family. Put together, refined, the very definition of what a royal family should be. The first to enter was Lianne, much to Harry's surprise, Lianne was wearing a color other than black. It was a dark purple color this time. But it was so dark that it still appeared to be black.

The next were the king and queen. Standing at the top of the stairs in his dressed-up state, Henry finally looked like what he was, a king.

Harry laughed at the thought of the foolish king but stopped the moment she laid eyes on the queen. Lianne had told Harry that she would understand the reason why she hated her hair so much whenever Harry met her mother.

Indeed, Harry now understood. She had an image of what the queen looked like, but contrary to Harry's imaginary image of the queen-a queen with dark hair like her oldest daughter's and light, possibly, green eyes not exactly like the royal family's emerald ones-or brown. The queen in front of her was completely different.

A fancy gold and red gown, many pearl jewels around her hands and neck, golden earrings that were likened to the ones Lianne had once worn, but without the rubies. She had very light blonde hair that almost appeared white. It was pulled back into an equally as fancy bun. She looked poised and elegant as she walked and looked down, smiling at all of the guests.

None of the royals had dark hair like Lianne's at all. It made Harry wonder how Lianne got it. As she pondered about it, the final members of the family came in, the guests of honor. The king gave a brief speech about the twins and thanked everyone for coming. The twins stood at the top of the stairs, and their family went on their way. They were matching in color and style. They both wore white and purple. Unlike their sister's, their hue was extremely light.

Everyone watched and clapped as the twins took each other's hand and proceeded down the stairs in a slow, but graceful manner. As soon as they were off the last step, the clapping stopped, and the crowd receded. They went back to their dancing, and Harry watched the twins to make sure she wasn't missing something. She looked for Lianne, who had disappeared into the crowd, and then looked at the king and queen who sat comfortably in their thrones.

Harry still couldn't locate her family. She decided not to worry too much about it. If something important happened, then they would find her. She stared at the table. She no longer wanted to remain at the table, but she didn't know where to go.