five

Rory was seriously starting to think that Isla Nublar was something of a flashpoint. Ever since the land was introduced to these scaly, genetically-altered animals, the place was almost . . . plagued. In fact, not even a dinosaur lover could deny the fact that where there were dinosaurs in the present world, death and terror followed unconditionally.

Rory picked carefully through the muddy ground, physically cringing as the water from the river squished inside her shoes. The forest around her was thick and the trio were currently on an old run down path in the restricted area of the islet.

The 15 year old girl had never before been to this part of the tropical island. In fact, she had the same amount of knowledge of this place as Zach or Gray did. So much for being a tour guide.

Rory tugged the brown haired boy's former jacket tighter to her chest. She inhaled sharply, accidentally running into Zach's back as he stop unexpectedly. "Sorry," she mumbles when he reaches out and steadies her. He nodded, before they both turned to see why the 13 year old in front of them had come to a halt.

Gray's breath came in quick, short wheezes as he lifts up a bloody, destroyed bucket hat from the ground. Zach quickly takes it from his brother, not wanting him to be looking at such a thing. Curiously, the three glance around as distant dinosaur growls fill the humid air. Sweat clings to the backs of their necks, and causes their shirts to become something as good as a bodysuit, sticking tightly to their torsos.

Rory closed her eyes and silently wished this was all a dream, and that she was back in Owen's bungalow, watching Netflix on her small, barley working laptop. Of course that would never happen, and Rory reopened her eyes while swallowing dryly, staring at the damaged ACU jeep in front of them. The words Asset Containment Unit painted on the side of the car seemed to taunt her. How could they hope to escape an intelligent hybrid when a whole specially trained group of people couldn't.

Zach took one look at the fried vehicle, before stepping away from the other teens, and saying, "Stay here."

Gray let out a soft cry, latching himself to Rory's arm. Rory ignored Zach's order, and half dragged herself and Gray over to the wreck. Zach sighed, trying to find anything that could help the three in their journey back to civilization.

His brown eyes widened as they locked on an old overgrown door. Rory followed his gaze, and stifles a hopeful grin. "I think that's the remains of the old welcome center," she whispers, stepping towards it.

Gray tightens his grip on her forearm, and Zach reaches out to take her available hand, leading them towards the earthy building.

The only sound from the group was their sneakers scrapping with wet rock. Zach reached out his free hand, shoving the metal door wide open. "Wow," he breathed.

Rory gasped. Despite the fact that a dinosaur had just almost eaten her, everything jurassic related still fascinated her. It probably always would.

"This is amazing," she said in hushed tone.

Gray had finally let go of the older girl, and his wide eyes scanned the establishment. Grape vines hung from a massive hole in the ceiling, and despite the heat, the air around them was damp, but not humid. Rory wove her way through mangled piles of old dinosaur skeletons and an overgrown staircase heading towards the back rooms.

Zach reached down picking up a big dinosaur bone and an old banner, before turning to Gray. "You still got those matches?"

Gray took a box of matches from his pouch. "Here you go."

Rory watched as Zach lit the material and held it up like a torch. Snorting, Rory studied his face in the orange haze that now hung around him. "You look like a caveman."

Zach smiled sarcastically towards the appealing blonde, who just raised an eyebrow in a teasing manner, before the teenagers set out again.

Rory stuck close to Zach, only letting her eyes wonder with amazement. Not wanting the whole Rory-running-into-him scene to reoccur, Zach held out his arm, stopping her a few inches from him.

Rory's cheeks held a rosy tint as Zach's hand stayed in its place on her waist. Stepping back, Aurora bit her tongue slightly in a nervous manner.

Zach noticed the girl's tension, but decided not to address it, seeing as he felt something similar whenever he was near Rory. "Gray," Zach called out instead.

The older teenager got a high pitched squeak and the sound of Gray shuffling towards them in return to his words. When the youngest joined their group, they proceeded forward, deeper into the shell of the welcome center.

Rory's nimble fingers grazed the night vision googles, and boxes of old car parts, as they passed them by. Aurora had trouble taking in the fact that they were actually in the Jurassic Park. The original one that started it all.

"1992 Jeep Wrangler Sharia, sand beige," Gray says in admiration, placing his palms on the hood of the car.

Rory glanced at Zach, who's eyes had brightened staring at the machine.

"You remember when we'd fixed up Grandpa's old Malibu, right?" he addressed Gray with a smirk.

"Yeah," replied Gray, not catching on.

Rory furred her eyebrows. "So, you're telling me, you can restore this ancient thing so it can get us out of here?"

Zach nodded, nudging her playfully. "You got it princess."

Rory rolled her eyes. "Stop calling me that."

"You know that," Zach drawls, "makes it official."

"Makes what official?" Rory inquires, bewildered.

"That you, Aurora, are now my princess."

// comment your thoughts!! next chapter we get to know Aurora's background yay yay