thirteen

"That's how it is, huh?" Owen asked, lowering his gun so it faced the floor. He watched his ex-beta tilt her head almost as if she were calculating what he was saying. Rory pierced her lips, her chest still aching from the loose of her own beta.

The three Raptors cornered them on all sides except one, but if any of them had even attempted to run it would have been hopeless. They would've shared the same fate as Hoskins. Although Rory had grown up alongside these creatures, she still held a slight fear of them . . . or maybe it was admiration.

As Blue closed in on Owen, he dropped his rifle completely to the ground. Rory clung to Zach with her good arm (her other had stopped bleeding but now resided to holding an odd tingly feeling.). Claire inhaled sharp gasps, nervously watching the encounter.

Owen confidently reached out his hand that previously held the firearm. This action caused Blue to release deep growls, and Gray nervously glanced at his older brother. Zach nodded reassuringly towards him although he himself had no clue if they would have to fight or flight.

Blue snapped her jaws inches from Owen Grady's hand. "Easy." Owen demands calmly and Blue showed her teeth. "Easy." He repeats, his hand hovering just before the Raptor's nose. Ever so slowly, Owen unstraps the camera band around Blue's head. "That's it," he says with a slight smile.

A loud animalistic cry echoed in the distance and everyone turns their attention to the noise. Rory inhales sharply, thinking of the last time she'd been face to face with the Indominus Rex. She had an awful feeling that this time she and the others wouldn't be so lucky to get away. The killer Dino stomped into the street, the ground shaking beneath her.

The Indominus stops only when she's in front of Blue. Letting out a few shouts of Raptor speak, the larger dinosaur looks at the people before her. Blue clicks and swivels her head towards Owen. After staring at him, she quickly turns back round and barks at the mega carnivore.

The Indominus Rex replies back, and swings her clawed foot, knocking poor Blue into the side of what appeared to be a vacant restaurant. Rory clings to the Mitchell brothers hands and instinctively backs up away from the feuding animals.

The remaining two velociraptor, Delta and Echo, reared back, snarling at the hybrid. Owen glanced between the duo on either side of him. He gave a low, clear whistle, signaling for them to attack. Following the sound the Raptors charged the Indominus, launching themselves onto her neck and flanks.

While the dinosaurs fought, the two family's race around them, avoiding their airborne limbs. Gray easily hurtles himself over the counter of a gift shop. Zach soon follows behind, turning to help Rory over the hard surface. Rory grips onto him tightly.

Owen quickly yanks his shotgun to his shoulder, and fires a few rounds at the ginormous animal, careful to miss his Raptors. The bullets ring out just as loud as the roars. Owen crouched behind a large rock of amber to avoid being a causality in the Dino battle.

Rory leans into Zach, who's arm is wrapped around her and Gray's shoulder. The sixteen year old inhales deeply trying to block out the noise of the animals fighting. Seeing as now was the only time to attend to Rory's wound, Claire scooted closer to her, unwrapping the linen sweater from her waist.

"Here," Claire whispers, wrapping the cloth tightly around the girl's forearm and tying it tightly. Rory clenched her teeth as she applied pressure like she'd seen people in the movies do, and nodded gratefully at her boss.

Next to her, Gray muttered something quietly to himself. "24, 50. 24, 50." The boy's blue eyes widened as he came to a realization. "We need more."

Claire had resumed her post watching the scuttle outside, and frustratingly asked her nephew, "More what?"

"Teeth! We need more teeth," Gray said.

Rory sat up straighter knowing exactly where they could get Gray's request from. It seemed Claire had figured it out too, for she glanced overhead to find an First Aid Kit. After removing a flare, a walker talkie and dropping a few ace bandages and pain meds, the redhead got up.

"Okay, so, just wait here," she told them. The Mitchell brothers nodded simultaneously. "It's gonna be okay."

"Claire," Rory croaked, staring up at the lady who was still wearing her pale high heels. "Be careful."

Claire nodded again before clambering back over the shop's counter and out of the three adolescent's sights.

Zach quickly took the bandages from Rory's lap and gently pulled her arm towards him. After ripping his aunt's makeshift bandage and the bloody remains of his old sweatshirt sleeve, Zach pulled out the medical supplies. Handing Rory two pills, he quickly set to work on wrapping her arm and mumbling 'sorries' whenever she hissed in pain. He cringed looking at the wound, and wished there was more he could do. Her eyes fixed on his warm fingers, and her mouth parted slightly with gasps of slight agony.

Owen swiftly jumps into the boutique, landing in front of the children. Gray squeaks in surprise, and Owen motions for them to be quiet.

Rory blinks hard, holding her breath. Flashes of the dinosaurs teeth clutching her light blue blouse haunted her as a shadow fell over the opening above the counter. Owen turned to face the threat just as she rammed her head into the side of the store. Souvenirs and small objects fell onto their heads as they scooted away from the dinosaur.

A shriek tore through Rory, the terror of those sharp fangs trying to get at them shaking her to the core.

The four scrambled to the back wall, and Gray let out a long wail as the dinosaur's claws scraped the floor by their feet. Rory was vaguely aware of Zach clutching her to his side and Gray burying his face in her arm. Owen let out a shout as one of the Indominus' talons latched onto Gray's fanny pack. Rory and Owen desperately wrapped their arms around Gray's shoulders to keep him from sliding away from them and towards the genetic hybrid.

Rory's face turned red from trying to fight the 18 foot monster's strength. "Unlatch--" she wheezed out to Zach. "Unlatch the pack."

Zach's brown eyes locked with the bag's buckle, and he immediately moved to free his brother. Succeeding in releasing him, the group sat back as a wave of relief washed over them.

A deep bellow screamed through the night, and Rory exhaled with disbelief. She grinned wildly knowing this signaled at least a small hope for them not to be eaten. "Claire actually did it."

The T. Rex was on it's way to the rescue.

// guys cry with me. there's on 15 more minutes to write of the film and only a handful more of original dialogue left :(

i think what im going to do is the rest of the story + an epilogue and maybe even a few bonus chapters filled with Zory scenes? idk yet