Chapter 8: You're joking.

I keep my head down as I exit the room with Issac, doing as he said and keeping my head down the majority of the little meeting and on the way out, which couldn't be blamed when any wrong move could lead you 6 feet under.

"Would you like me to give you the notes once we are back in the office?" I ask calmly, tilting my head towards the taller man, my eyes strangely attracted to his curly hair.

Issac gives a curt nod as he looks over at the large man I soon found out to be called Hugo Sherwin and beckons him to come closer with his hand. Huh, seem like their friends.

"Yes, please sweetheart," I hear him mumble. Wait, did he just call me sweetheart?

"Excuse me?" I say in shock and in slight offence which causes him to grin.

"What? Got a problem with what your boss is calling you?" He says teasingly, sending faint tingles to my stomach before I curse at them.

I roll my eyes, watching as Hugo and his assistant come over.

"I'll be talking to Sherwin in my office, you can talk to his assistant Dolores, got that?" Issac said simply but before I could reply to him he and the Hugo guy immediately left in the direction of mine and his office. Wow, they for real look like a bunch of girls ready to gossip.

Dolores quietly walked over to me, giving me an awkward wave. "Hey... I'm Dolores, what's yours?" I hear the woman say in a soft voice.

"Caroline, nice to meet you!" I say, giving a friendly smile and holding my hand for a shake. At this point, I can already sense her easing up and happily shaking my hand.

"God, I'm so happy your not a total bitch-" she said with a relieved sigh as I chuckle.

"Am I right? You wanna go to my office? Your boss should be in the one next door." I ask, looking down at the slightly smaller woman with a tilted head.

She looks up at me with a small but gentle smile, nodding as she walks beside me to my office. I'll most likely get the chair that Issac's sister uses but that's not that bad. Talking about Agnese, she's apparently coming over tomorrow, meaning another debrief with all the drama at her school. This isn't that bad considering the fact she's been telling me about her apparent 'boyfriend' kissing another girl. Apparently, his response was 'he forgot' which would make sense considering their age. I remember my fair few shares of primary/infant school boyfriends.

I let out a sigh and pushed past the drama talk with Agnese which would most likely take place tomorrow. I get to the office, take the spiny chair from the corner of the room and take it closer to my own next to my desk.

I turn, giving Dolores another smile and giving a pat on the chair to encourage her to sit.

"So, how long have you been working for Issac?" Dolores asks as she takes my offer and sits calmly, I pause as I sit.

"Just a week or two," I say simply as I sit comfortably in my chair.

"And how long have you been working for your boss?"