Chapter 5 - The Reason Why

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

~

April 12th 2016

Shortly after classes concluded for the day I looked down to see a notification from my phone. Opening it up I found a text from an unknown number.

~

Unknown Number

Hello. This is Horikita Manabu.

I gained access to your personal number through your student file.

~

I sighed in slight relief, quickly saving the number.

'This likely has to do with what we spoke about earlier' I thought.

~

Horikita Manabu

I have already informed Asahina about your desire to meet up with her. She's agreed to meet you at that popular Cafe in Keyaki later.

I see. I'll be making my way there now, thank you.

I assume this meeting will have something to do with Nagumo, so I also asked an informant I have in the second years to join you both.

Thank you. that will be very beneficial, President.

~

I let out a brief exhale before getting up from my seat, making my way towards Eiichiro. As I approached, Hirata and a few of the others students dispersed, letting me speak to him alone.

"Hey." I greeted.

"So? What was that thing with the student council about earlier?" He inquired.

"I'll explain it to you later. I have to meet up with two people who can give information on Nagumo."

"Am I coming with?"

I shook my head.

"Nagumo already seems to have it out for you after he let his guard down that day. If you're seen with us and especially with her, then he might go out of his way to provoke and mess with you." I stated.

Eiichiro paused.

"Who's 'her'?" He deadpanned.

I sighed, that's what he's focusing on?

"Asahina-Senpai, the person I originally needed your help identifying. Horikita-Senpai helped me get in contact with her."

Eiichiro stared at me with a dry look.

"I'm not even gonna ask how you got him to do that."

"It's not important, yet at least." I said.

"Do you remember that day, when Nagumo had that outburst? Did you notice any strange physical qualities on him then?" I asked.

"Uh... his face was partially red I guess? Like he forgot to apply sunscreen halfway or something."

I nodded. This confirmation was the last thing I needed to identify Nagumo as the person Asahina-Senpai was speaking to.