The lights dimmed after the short break and everyone got to watching the past unfold.

Meredith VO: The game. They say either a person has what it takes to play, or they don't. My mother was one of the greats. Me, on the other hand...I'm kinda screwed.

"I don't think you're screwed Mer. I think you're going to become one of the greatest." Daisy commented from where she was sitting beside Meredith.

"Thanks Daisy." Meredith said with a sigh.

Daisy VO: All my life I've been different, and after standing as a witness for the Cullen coven to protect my twin brother's imprint, I'm looking for something new. I joined the army, gained some awesome powers, and now I want to complete my dream of helping people. Hopefully I don't screw it up.

People were a little confused.

Cullen Coven? Imprint? What do these words even means?

(Meredith wakes up on the couch and pulls a blanket off a naked man on the floor, wrapping it around herself. She hits him with a pillow and he grunts, waking up. He lifts up her bra.)

Man: This...is...?

Meredith: (grabbing it, smiling) Humiliating on so many levels. You have to go.

"So wait, you two really did sleep together before you knew you were working together?" Izzie asked in shock.

"Yeah." Derek said as he watched the past.

Man: (sitting up) Why don't you just come back down here and we'll pick up where we left off?

Meredith: No, seriously. You have to go, I'm late. Which isn't what you want to be on your first day of work, so

Man: So, ah, you actually live here.

Meredith: No.

Man: Oh.

Meredith: Yes. Kind of.

Man: (dressing) Oh. It's nice. Little dusty. Odd. But it's nice. So how do you kind of live here?

Meredith: I moved two weeks ago from Boston, it was my mother's house, I'm selling it.

Man: Oh, I'm sorry.

Meredith: For what?

Man: You said was.

Meredith: Oh! My mother's not dead, she's - you know what, we don't have to do the thing.

Snorts of laughter fill the room at how awkward the two are being.

It's frankly kinda adorable.

Man: Oh. We can do anything you want.

Meredith: No, the thing, exchange the details, pretend we care...look, I'm gonna go upstairs and take a shower, okay, and when I get back down here, you won't be here, so, um, goodbye...um...

Laughter filled the room at the fact that Derek was being tossed out.

Amelia smirked, her big brother couldn't take a hint.

Man: Derek.

Meredith: (they shake hands) Derek. Right. Meredith.

Derek: Meredith.

Meredith: Yeah. (he comes closer, she backs away) Mm-hmm.

Derek: Nice meeting you.

Meredith: Bye Derek (smiling and fleeing for the stairs).