𝟎𝟐𝟎. 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬

RACHEL RETURNS
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty,
Gilmore Girls — Season One

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty, Gilmore Girls — Season One

January 19th, 2001

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

THE STORY OF HOW STARS HOLLOW CAME TO BE BEGINS WITH TRUE LOVE. According to the townsfolk, it starts with a beautiful girl from one county, and a handsome boy from another. They meet and they fall in love but they're separated by distance and their parents did not approve, but the young couple dreamed of the day that they could be together. They would write each other beautiful letters of longing and passion, letters full of promises and plans for the future.

Soon the separation proved too much for either one of them to bear. So one night, cold and black, with no light to guide them, they both snuck out of their homes and ran away as fast as they could. It was so dark that they were both soon lost, and it seemed as if they would never find each other.

Finally, the girl drops to her knees, tears streaming down her lovely face. And as she's questioning where her love is, a band of stars appear in the sky and the girl follows the path of stars until she finds herself standing right where the town gazebo is today.

And there waiting for her was her one true love, who had also been led here by the blanket of stars.

Now to commemorate the day that Stars Hollow came to be, the town hosts a festival that I'm expected to follow through with despite my lack of belief in the romantic story.

     "People are insane," Dad says, and I look out the window of the diner to see that people are decorating the town accordingly. "The story of how the town came to be probably involved some crazy kids who escaped an asylum."

I laugh because his story sounds more realistic. I never did believe in the story, not even as a little girl.

"I was almost crushed by a paper-mache star," Lorelai Gilmore announces upon entering the diner, and I chuckle. "How's your day?"

"It's looking pretty good now."

"Coffee please, and a shot of cynicism," Lorelai begs, and I go to pour her a cup of coffee, stepping past Dad who is just as opposed to this festival as Lorelai apparently.

     "Why so cheery?" Dad asks, and Lorelai glares at him, lifting her cup of coffee up to her lips.

     "I don't know. I'm just in a mood."