one

-Chapter one-
"The day everything changed"

October 1988
Alexandria Bell sat in her stool facing the rain-soaked window, though she couldn't quiet see since the window was blocked by a big blank canvas.

'Every Breath You take' by the police played softly in the background as Alexandria gently sketched the rainy scenery she saw outside, her eyes following the strokes of the pencil.

Suddenly a loud screeching radio noise came from beside her causing her to practically jump out of her skin.

She looked to her walkie talkie sat on a paint covered stool identical to the one she was sitting on that she used more as a table then a seat. She grabbed the radio and brought it up to her mouth, pressing on the button to speak.

"hello? Richie?" Alexandria's soft voice spoke through the colourful walkie talkie. Honestly, everything in her room was covered in paint other then her bedsheets and her clothes. She was very clumsy and would constantly knock her paint onto her belongings.

"Hey Alex! Watcha doin'?" An extatic sounding Richie voiced through the speaker. Alexandria stood up from her stool and walked behind her canvas to look outside the window.

Across the street from her none other than Richie was waving aggresively at her window. "Painting, what are you doing?" She asked waving back at him with a smile.

"nothing, Im bored as fuck. Can you come over or something." Richie groaned placing his head on the freezing window.

"its raining."

"It takes you like- 30 seconds to get to my house. please.." Richie moaned.

"Im not dressed."

"I see you in clothes right now."

"thats not what I meant." Alexandria said shaking her head at him. Alexandria was wearing pajamas so Richie was techincally correct."Fine, I'll be over in a bit just let me get changed."

"hurry up." Richie's impatient voice sounded over the speaker of the walkie talkie before he went silent.

Alexandria turned around and ran over to her closet on the other side of her room. She opened the door and decided on wearing jeans with a dark green, yarn sweater. She turned her music off right when the music ended and raced out of her room.

She quietly ran down the stairs, trying not to make much noise but her she was excited to hangout with Richie, she is always excited to hangout with her friends.

Once she reached the downstairs carpeted floor she walked to her front door to put her shoes on. She didn't bother to tell her mother where she was going, she wouldn't care anyways, she never does.

She opened and closed the door quietly turning around and bracing herself for the cold droplets of rain.

Stomping across the squishy grass towards Richie's house she felt herself being drenched as her feet kicked up water from puddles. She cringed at the feeling of her jeans being wet and stiff. She reached Richie's door and knocked frantically.

Richie opened the door with a wide smile and Alexandria pushed herself in.

"aw, you ran through rain for me." Richie smirked putting a hand on Alexandria's shoulder which she quickly shook off of her.

Alexandria and Richie haven't been friends for as long as they wished. They became friends through Stanley Uris, Alexandria's tutor for a lot of her subjects. Alexandria always struggled with school. Her mind worked differently than all the other kids and none of the teachers would help her improve her grades or her inability to make friends, so they just sent her off to a tutor and hoped for the best.

Alexandria and Stan became good friends because of Alexandria's lovable and easy-to-talk-to personality. Stan eventually introduced her to his friends, Richie Tozier, Eddie Kaspbrak, and Bill Denbrough.

They all welcomed her into the group and she became a loved and appreciated member.

Though Alexandria would probably never admit out loud, she had a bit of a crush on Bill. It started when they first hungout just the two of them, she came over to his house and loved the way he treated his younger brother, Georgie.

Bill loved her paintings, especially when she would paint things around her. If only he knew that he was her muse and her sketchbook was filled with sketches of him.

Alexandria and Richie hungout for awhile in his room, mainly reading comics and just enjoying eachothers company when suddenly there was a knock on Richie's bedroom door.

"what is it?" Richie yelled towards the door while pushing his glasses up his nose.

"We need to talk, its important." Maggie Tozier, Richie's mom, called softly from the other side of the door before opening it.

"do I have to go?" Alexandria asked from the beanbag in the corner of his room.

"no, no, its better if you stay. You both need to hear this." Richie shifted up to the edge of his bed.

"are we in trouble?" He asked.

Maggie ignored his question as she patted the bed beside Richie for Alexandria. Alexandria got up from the beanbag, abandoening her comic book as she sat beside Richie.

Maggie crouched down in front of the two teens putting her hand each of their shoulders. Richie looked confused while Alexandria sensed that something was wrong.

"you guys know your friend, Bill, right?"

"of course we know who he is mom, just tell us what's going on." Richie said impatiently earning a small hit from Alexandria, she always hated when people treated their parents badly.

"his little brother- his little brother is missing."

Richie and Alexandria went silent in shock while Maggie countinued.

"so he will probably be missing school for a couple days to grieve. Please Richie, dont be insensitive and maybe check up on him, ok?"

Alexandria looked at her hands feeling horrible for Bill. She knew him and his brother had a good bond and that this would absolutly break him.

"oh shit..." Richie muttered from beside Alexandria who was deep in thought, like always. "how long has he been missing?" Alexandria asked looking up at Maggie.

"a couple hours now."

"will they find him?" Alexandria asked worriedly.

"hopefully"

--------------------------

Word count: 1023

FIRST CHAPTER DONE! HOW ARE WE FEELING SO FAR??

Edited: