four

-Chapter four-
"The Barrens"

Alexandria and Stanley were currently waiting for Eddie, Bill, and Richie outside Eddie's house. She wasn't sure exactly what they were getting but she didn't want to go in Eddie's house thats for sure. His mom made her uncomfortable with her stares and the way she forces Eddie to do things doesn't sit right with her, so she decided to stay outside with Stanley.

Stanley stayed outside because Eddie's mom didn't like the fact that he was jewish. Alexandria used the excuse to keep Stanley company so she wouldn't have to go inside.

She was sitting on her bike, leaned forward with her arms propped on the handle bars. Stanley was leaning the opposite way, with his arms crossed.

The door opened revealing the three boys but they all stopped and looked inside the house, getting distracted.

She could see them talking, but couldn't quite hear them. Eventually, Eddie went further inside the house to where they were talking, seconds later Richie began chuckling.

Eddie shoved him and Bill outside the door before going outside himself and closing the door. He whacked the back of Richie's head while walking down the steps of his porch.

"Ow!" Richie giggled.

"What happened?" Stanley asked uncrossing his arms and holding his handlebars. "Eddie, here, gave his mom a big ol' kiss on the cheek. How sweet!" Richie said putting an arm around Eddie.

"Shut up!" Eddie shoved Richie off him and climbed on his bike, "Lets just go already."

"I think its sweet." Alexandria said with a small shrug. "Thank you, Alex." Eddie said, "atleast someone here treats their parents good." He countinued.

Richie shot Alexandria a look as he climbed on his bike, he then changed the subject so that it wasn't about parents. "Yo, Bill, where are we going again?"

"The Barrens." Bill responded, already on his bike. "C-ca-can we go n-n-now?" He sounded almost impatient and Richie snickered at that.

They began peddling their bikes, Bill in front and an annoyed Richie right behind him. "Slow down!" He yelled trying to keep up with Bill.

"Hi-ho, Silver!" Bill shouted. Alexandria always thought it was stupid to name your bike, but she never commented on it. "Away!" He shouted.

"Your old lady bike's too fast for us!" Richie shouted from behind Bill. Behind Richie was Eddie, then Alexandria, then Stanley.

It wasn't to long until they reached the Barrens. They all threw their bikes on the rock-covered ground, except Stanley, who put his up on the kick-stand.

"That's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy." Stan said pointing to a bunch of plants. Alexandria got easily distracted by the rocks however to care or listen. She picked one up that was shiny in the sun.

"Where? Where's the poison ivy?" Eddie asked worriedly. "Nowhere. Not every fucking plant is poison ivy, Stanley." Richie answered, annoyed.

Alexandria rolled her eyes and stood up. She tossed the rock into the river that flowed out of the sewers.

"Okay, I'm starting to get itchy now." Eddie said, "and I'm pretty sure this is not good for my—" he got cut off suddenly by Richie. "Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" He asked while him and Bill began walking into the gross sewer water while Stan, Alexandria, and Eddie held back.

"Sometimes, yeah."

"Then you probably have crabs."

"Thats so not funny."