two

-Chapter two-
"empty-headed"

June 1989
Stanley sat tapping the eraser-butt of his pencil on his desk, his head resting in his hand that was propped up on his desk and his eyes glued to the endless ticking of the clock.

Alexandria sat beside him daydreaming and staring outside the window.

It was bright, the perfect day to hangout, the perfect day for summer to begin. Finally, the god-awful prison by the name 'school' is ending for the year.

School has always been insufferable for poor Alexandria who struggled tremendously with school in almost every subject.

suddenly the loud ringing of the school bell bounced off the walls of the tiny classroom and cheers erupted from everyone around her pulling her out of her daydream.

She looked to her side dumbfounded and confused until she realised Stanley was packing up and ushering her too aswell.

Yells and celebrations could be heard from outside in the halls as she pulled her messanger bag over her head and onto her shoulder.

Stanley pulled her by her arm towards the exit of the classroom and into the crowded halls of kids rushing to escape the building.

Stanley quickly spotted the rest of their friends and moved his hand to hers and pulled her through the army of people.

"Wait up, you guys!" Stanley called pushing himself in between Eddie and Bill before pulling Alexandria to be in between him and Bill.

"Hey, Stan, what happens at the Bar Mitzvah, anyways?" Bill asked, his eyes trailing down to Alexandria's and Stan's hands that were still interlinked.

For some reason this annoyed Bill, which is odd since its not weird for Alexandria to be touchy-touchy. Its her love language and she makes sure to do it with everyone, but over the past few weeks he has noticed that when she is giving her attention and love to somebody else he can't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

"Ed says they slice the tip of your d-d-di-dick off." Bill countinues causing Alexandria to cringe at the thought.

"Yeah, and I think the rabbi's gonna pull down your pants, turn to the crows and say, "Where's the beef?"" Richie says earning chuckles from everyone.

"At the Bar Mitzvah, I read from the Torah, and then I make a speech and suddenly, I become a man." Stan explains to the group.

"I could think of funner ways to become a man." Richie snickers.

"beep beep, Richie." Alexandria says shaking her head. The group of teens use the term 'beep beep Richie' whenever they want Richie to shut the fuck up... Which is often.

"More fun" you mean." Stanley corrects matter-of-factly as they pass by Bower's gang. Richie mumbles a quiet, "oh shit" while making direct eye contact with Patrick Hockstetter. Alexandria, on the other hand is avoiding eye contact with any of them at all times.

"Think they'll sign my yearbook?" Richie asks adjusting his glasses, "Dear Richie, sorry for taking a hot, steaming dump in your backpack last March, have a good summer." He countinues.

Stan and Alexandria fall a bit behind the other three boys to enter through a thin stairwell. Greta Bowie - a girl known for picking on the 'town's slut' Beverly Marsh - crashes her shoulder with Alexandria's causing her to stumble a bit but Stanley's firm grip in her hand keeps her steady.