01

ıllıllı   𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙠𝙮𝙪𝙪   ıllıllı

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Sometimes, the touch of the wind seemed to be a bit cooler and the sun a bit warmer and brighter than that of other places.

Naturally, it was a place beheld and known of its great beauty. It flourished with green and life, lush in nature's perfume and brightly harnessing the ample burn of the sun. For generations, it had been protected by the Chikyuu's since the Edo period of Japan.

The place blossomed and bloomed with plants of every kind, even those not typically native of Japan. It was a haven of sorts. People came with shattered souls and broken lives and felt reborn upon arrival.

It was like that since the beginning, and through the generations, the promise of a safe realm still stayed. The Chikyuu family had been brought up into the world as gardeners and slight Horticulturists. They honed their skills to perfection in anything and everything that they had.

The estate was hidden atop a grassy hill, shrouded by trees, a small forest surrounding. Once past them, you were openly greeted by a small, babbling brook that turned into a wide chasm filled with sparkling, crystal clear water with lotuses lazily floating about.

A bridge was built over it, with vines that twirled and covered the railing and boards that bore beautiful buds of white, pink and red. Flowers and plants of every kind sprouted from the ground, trees full of Sakura Cherry Blossoms and Japanese Tree Lilacs bristled gently in the wind.

The estate itself was said to be nothing short of a breathtaking bite of nature. Wisteria lined the walls and decorated the engawa, petals of every kind were in every crevice you looked into. More vines and unknown flowers engulfed the roof and hung off, creating an enchanting plethora of colors.

People always commented on the smell, how it was sweet but carried the natural undertones of wet earth and morning dew. it was also mentioned that upon seeing the hill, anyone cold be drawn to it, as if something was pulling them in.

And now, in the midst of everything stood a girl at roughly 165 centimeters, glorified in the midst of it all. Her H/C hair seemed to shine in the sunlight brighter than any of the flowers. The pure presence of her radiated of ethereal and humble.

She wore a small mask that resembled a cat on her face, the design of vines etched deep into it. A family heirloom, that had been passed down for nearly a century. Along with it came her haori, it was black and faded into a deep green, flowers cluttered the bottom entirely, and slowly became more sparse the further you came up.

Strapped to her back was a long weapon- a naginata. The naginata was slightly modified, the blade being longer than the traditional one. The mask, haori, and naginata had all been passed down to her, as she was the next generation. She doesn't remember how she got it. She just knows that she has it.

In fact, she doesn't know a lot of things. She doesn't know about her guardians or her family, or if any of them existed in the first place. She doesn't know how she came to be alone in her humble residence. She doesn't know how she knows good an exceptionally so how to take care of all of the nature around her. She doesn't know how she found the book with guidance and instructions.

She didn't know.

But what she did know was that her name was Y/N Chikyuu, and how she was the guardian of her home against the bloodthirsty monsters that lurked in the night.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷