14

ıllıllı   𝙖 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 ıllıllı

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

She walked beside Kyojuro in front of the Ubuyashiki mansion. They had just gotten out of a private meeting with Ubuyashiki, him explaining to them that he would need someone to go on a risky mission.

This mission was a moderately concerning one. The last slayers that had been sent were completely wiped out without any explanation. Originally, Kagaya had only meant for Kyojuro to go alone. But he had thought that giving Y/N an opportunity to fulfill her first Hashira mission would be a great kick-start to her role as a pivotal slayer. Kyojuro also didn't seem to mind at all.

The meeting hadn't lasted too long. It was more of their Master confirming with them that they could back out at any time, but needed to fulfill their dutiful role. Once he left, the two walked out and just stood in front.

"So, a train?" Y/N asked, turning to face him. She had her mask on per usual, though she had thought of taking it off. She was nervous about this mission, no doubt.

"It would seem so! I am happy to have you by my side in this, Y/N-san!" He replied joyfully. He looked up at the sky, smiling. "I have a feeling that this mission will greatly affect the outcome of the future!"

It was silent for a minute. The chirps of birds and the flutter of their beating wings filled the air. As serene as it was, Y/N detected the weight of his words. She, too, had a feeling. And it wasn't specifically a good one.

"Well, then, let's get going. We only have a couple of days ahead. It will take some time, so we need to leave right away." The duo bowed, paying their respects, and then began walking away.

Y/N felt a shift, and a crunch in the gravel. She stopped, but sensed it wasn't evil or malevolent. She turned around to find none other than Shinobu. "Are the two of you heading out on a mission?"

"Ah, hello Shinobu-san."
"Hmm? Oh, Kocho-san."

She gave a small smile in their direction. Kyojuro noticed how Y/N had used her first name, realizing that they had been on that level. Rarely any of the Hashira were on a first-name basis with each other.

"We just got new information about a demon, and the Corps members who were sent were taken out."

"Could it be a Twelve Kizuki?" She asked, worry lacing her tone.

"More than likely, yes. It might even be an Upper Rank." Y/N stood quietly, intently listening to their exchange. It seemed to be a genuine one, but she could feel a sort of hostility under it all. But the Flame Hashira and Insect Hashira had never been on bad terms, at least not that she knew of.

"It sounds like a difficult mission, but as long as the two of you are going, theres pretty much nothing to worry about." Y/N smiled, relishing the comment.

"So, Kocho-san, what is your plan for taking in that head-butting kid?" Rengoku asked.

"His name is Kamado Tanjiro. Not head-butting kid." Y/N remarked firmly. She didn't like the misuse of names to people she liked or respected. She found it quite rude.

"Apologies, I meant Kamado-kun." He replied reluctantly, seemingly tensing at the remark. He also hadn't known that she would defend him. He found it irritating.

"You mentioned possibly making room for one more Tsukugo? But I'm sure that's not the reason."

Tsukugo? Tanjiro as a Tsukugo? I don't imagine him being the type to become one... he's more free-willed and adventurous. He doesn't need containment, either.

"Don't worry. It's not as if I'm going to gobble him up."

"Well of course you wouldn't! Haha!" Kyojuro turned to leave, laughing as he went. Before Y/N could follow, Shinobu reached to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. She smelled like antiseptics and medicinal herbs... especially wisteria?

"Do be careful, Y/N-san." In return, she bowed, kind of catching Shinobu off guard. "Thank you. I really appreciate it. Take care of yourself."

And with that, she turned to follow the fate of her first friend.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷