16

ıllıllı 𝙝𝙪𝙨𝙗𝙖𝙣𝙙 ıllıllı

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

...𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙤𝙘𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙨 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧...

"UMAI!" Kyojuro slammed the third bowl of noodles down on the table. Y/N could barely bring herself to eat one bowl herself. The chime on the noodle shop's door alerted someone walking in— a slayer— who approached their table.

"Flame Hashira, Nature Hashira, forgive me for intruding." He bowed his head.

"Yes, please come take a seat." Kyojuro looked at the owner, motioning simply to the man standing. "Sir, please bring this man a bowl of what I just ate." The man sat down across from the Hashira pair, and hesitantly looked at him.

"You're sure about buying this for me?" He asked.

"Of course. Sir, please bring two bowls." Kyojuro smiled at the man who owned the shop.

Another bowl? Just how many can he eat...

"My, my. You sure eat with gusto, don't you? Sit tight. I'll have it out soon." The place was homey and smelled like broths and seasonings. Y/N found it quite nice.

"Flame Hashira, Nature Hashira, your work last night was extraordinary." He complimented looking between the two.

"Thank you." Her lips moved without the protective shield of her mask.

"Oh, you're too kind. We only wish we could have done more. How is the injured woman faring?" He asked, leaning back in his seat. Y/N felt very comfortable, even with the close proximity.

"The doctor said that she is doing well. The wounds that were left on her shouldn't leave any scars." He looked directly at Y/N this time. She tensed.

"I see. It's a good thing that she got treated early."

"Yes. And thank you both for your bravery."

The food was brought over to their table, the fragrant steam rolling off of it. It smelled heavenly. Y/N would've gotten another bowl, but she felt like her stomach wouldn't be able to handle it. Normally she could easily eat two.

"Itadakimasu." The owner came by again, and sat another dish on the table. One that hadn't been ordered.

"What's this?" Rengoku looked at him as he walked to the other end of the shop. "A little treat on the house." It was a rice dish that looked delicious. Suddenly, Y/N was very hungry all over again. But she wouldn't take it because it was Kyojuro's.

He must've noticed her hungry stare, because he pushed it towards her with a smile. She looked at him through her mask, surprised.

"Are you sure?" She asked, secretly hoping he would say yes.

"Eat all you want." He said simply, like it was obvious. She picked up her chopsticks and took a bite. "This is delicious..!" She smiled and continued to shove her mouth full of it.

Their company across from them took a sip of the broth. "Wow, this is really delicious. Sir, I bet if you set up a shop in Ueno, you would thrive!" The slayer began to devour the noodles, much like how Y/N was with her rice.

"Yeah, and what do you know about that?" The elderly man picked up a newspaper, sifting through the pages. It got quiet until the peppy little flame spoke up.

"Sir, how is business lately?" He questioned politely.

"How's it look to you?" For an old man, he had an attitude. But he wasn't wrong. Besides the three of them, there was only one drunk who was passed out at a corner table. Y/N could hear his snoozing.