c h a p t e r_t w e n t y f o u r: snow

It has been more than an hour since he was tasked to watch over a girl named Y/n. Well he wasn't supposed to, but he owed the family of his employer hence agreeing to doing such a job.

Valentine isn't even a PI at some sorts, yet here he is watching over a college student. When he can cuddle with his wife back at home, just the mere thought of the love of his life makes him homesick now.

"How can i face my classmates now?!" She exclaimed, proceeding to bury her face on her hands as she hunched at the library table. Azurè whom sat beside her, not doing anything in particular but merely observing her.

"I suppose we should elope."

"No thank you." It was a weird start of the day, from the morning unto the afternoon, she concluded that the whole logic of the book was weird, due to the fact they have been hiding from the teachers and staff of the school and yet time has passed they still haven't been caught.

"What?? Eloping means escaping somewhere."

"I know what eloping means."

"Then??"

"No." She huffed, 'Hoshi you there? Help me out here please!' Azure on the sideline looked defeated despite the cold look he has on his face, maybe if you squint hard enough you'll see the disappointment written in his face.

"You know elope doesn't mean what you think it means."

"It just means to leave."

"To sneak off." He continued as he eyed the girl cautiously, Y/n hesitated, it was only half a day she didn't go to class, she could always come back for the remaining at the afternoon.

'Go home.'  A voice said, "Huh?" She turned to Azure who looked confused as her, "Hmm? Have you made your decision." Y/n felt like she was slowly going insane hearing voices.

For not distinguishing between a dream or reality unless Hoshi shows up.

"Azure, change of plans..."

"I'll go home."

Looking up from his phone as he used the opportunity to swiftly send a text to the family group chat, which consisted of his parents and him. That he was eloping with Y/n. "What?"

"Yeah i'm sorry."

"Thanks for accompanying me." She said as she got up from her seat with her bag slung on her shoulder, "Alright, stay safe ok?" Y/n did not expect him to agree with her so easily as he was just convincing her to elope with him a few minutes ago.

He stood up engulfing her into a bear hug, his heart was stammering so hard against his chest and Y/n could feel it. Reluctantly he let go, he smiled at her.

"I'll see you soon, yeah?"

She nodded mirroring the smile he has plastered on his face, she walked to the other way only to have Azure glued to her side once more, Not thinking much of it as they were heading to the entrance out of the library.

Finally exiting the room she warily glanced around the deserted grand halls of the school, before continuing to the school's main entrance, does she have a plan? Not yet.

She'll think about transportation once she gets out of the university premise, she paused from walking further to the direction upon hearing footsteps behind her, curiously she peered over her shoulder, "Azure what the-"

"Don't mistake me for following you."

"We are merely going on the same direction."

"Oh-"