VIII

~ Million Faye Harper ~

After I joined Dio Brutale my relationship with my parents descended to the pits of hell. We never had a good relationship to begin with, but me joining a gang definitely messed it up a helluva lot more. But I honestly didn't care then, and I still don't care now.

I was a grown adult when I joined so they had no control over me anymore and they hated that. I was no longer their property to use and abuse.

The three of us don't talk often, so when we do it's very awkward and uncomfortable. Very.

I wanted to go no contact with them, but Dite talked me out of it. She said that no matter what they're still my parents and we could rekindle our relationship. The problem is that Aphrodite has an amazing relationship with her parents so she kind of has no room to talk.

My mom called me early in the morning. I wasn't completely awake when she was talking so everything she was saying was going in one ear and out the other. She's a pro yapper I swear to god.

(For this segment when Million is speaking in italics she isn't talking to you she's talking to her mom!!!)

Ongoing call with 'Lydia Harper'

Million, are you listening to me?

Obviously. I don't know why you felt the need to tell me that.

Are you serious? Million, your grandfather is dead.

Am I supposed to give a fuck? Because I don't. I hardly ever spoke to him.

He's still your grandfather. Your father is heartbroken. And so am I.

Again, am I supposed to give a fuck?

Have some compassion, Million.

No. Karma finally caught up to his annoying ass. He shouldn't have murdered my Lola.

You murder people all the time!

You don't know what I do. We don't talk to each other.

You're in a gang, Million, everyone knows gangs murder people.

Is there anything else I can help you with, Lydia? I'm getting bored.

I didn't raise you to be like this!

Womp fucking womp. Go cry about it.

Call ended...

When I was 15 years old Bonnie, my Lola, (grandmother) was murdered by her bald ass husband, Erik (my grandfather). He came home one day after work and saw the house wasn't clean so he decided to brutally beat my grandmother to death. He swore it was an accident and that he didn't mean to hit her that hard, but he shouldn't have put his hands on her in the first place. I'm glad his funky ass is dead. I hope he rots in hell.

After I hung up on my mom I got out of bed and prepared myself for today. We're going back to the alley to see if we're able to find the girl in the car. If we follow Gabriel's instructions we should be able to find her quickly.

I honestly didn't want to do this, but I'd rather kidnap someone than have to get my ass kicked again. Sergio is lucky he's visiting his bald ass mother.

I'm not trying to be funny, I swear to God. His mom is deadass bald. There's not a lick of hair on that lady's head.

I was still heavily annoyed by the entire situation. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over it. The fact that we were punished over a mistake they made truly boggles my mind.