Part 1

Love at first sight? Hell no.....

*
*
*
*
*

"Nika! Hurry up, the mover service are already here." My mother didn't waste a second getting out of our small house on the outskirts of Seoul as quickly as possible.

I packed the last box and sat down on my bed with a sigh.

"Why?" I felt pity for myself.

My studies didn't allow me to have my own apartment, the job in the library was a small financial support.

Yes, I could have stayed here, my own little empire, but the rent was too high and my mother insisted on going with her.

She was happy, unlike me she was head over heels in love.

Haru was a nice guy , courteous and all the nonsense that older people do.

Like my mother, he was divorced and raised his children alone. Daughter and son.

"Nika?" my mother called after me.

"I'm done, Eomma!" I sighed and reached for my bag.

On my way downstairs, I saw the guys from the removal service packing the first boxes and my mother commented.

"Eomma I have to go !" I said as I walked past and went into the kitchen.

My mother followed me...
"Please come straight to Haru's place!"

I nodded, grabbed an apple and bit into it.

"Just til I can effort my own apartment!" I mumbled..

"You have your own space..., Haru said that Lilly is abroad and his son is hardly home."

"I don't care as long as I have my peace!" I kissed her cheek. "And you're sure? I mean the whole thing with Haru? You've only known him for two months. Let alone his kids!"

My mother smiled and cupped my cheek. "My beautiful Nika! Don't worry about me."

I shrugged my shoulders "You know better Eomma! I have to go to university ... Oh...I'm meeting Chris before I go to Haru's."

"Okay!" and my mother turned her attention back to the moving boxes.

An hour later, I was sitting in lecture on tax law. I hoped that I would be able to complete my Bachelor's degree in financial management quickly and easily. I just didn't realize how boring it was.

Sometimes I thought about just switching from job to job and trying out what I would really enjoy.

I sighed and leaned back as someone held out a small daisy to me.

"Hey my sweet little daisy! Did you miss me?" Chris sat down next to me and smiled. " I hope you missed me!" he whispered.

I took the flower and nodded.

"Tonight at my place?" He let his hand glide over my thigh and I realized for the first time that I wasn't being touched anymore.

Chris was exactly my type at the beginning. Handsome, athletic, hot... but his romantic side got the better of him and lately our relationship was just boring.

"I...I can't. Sorry!" I whispered. "Moving and stuff, you know!"

"Oh yes, your mother and her new guy. Listen Nika, I'm...sorry you can't stay with me. My parents pay the rent and..."