Prologue

Hvitur was sneaking around carrying a big SkyWing egg when he heard a sound. He looked up to see Burn the SandWing and two of her soldiers. He quickly looked for a place to hide but it was too late and they landed next to him.

"Ha ha ha!" sneered Burn. "IceWing, do you really think you could steal the SkyWing? Queen Scarlet has spies posted all over the Sky Kingdom, and when one reported you stealing the prophecy egg, she told me I could get you! Finally, some violence so I won't be bored!" She laughed evilly nonstop for a full minute.

"But the prophecy has to be fulfilled!" Hvitur exclaimed.

"Actually, if the prophecy remains unfulfilled, the war continues, which will be very fun. Sorry not sorry." Burn smashed the SkyWing egg on Hvitur's head, then while he was stunned she stabbed him with her tail and tossed him off a cliff.

She glanced down and confirmed he was dead, then she and the soldiers flew away.

A SkyWing appeared by the base of the cliff. She saw Hvitur but didn't really care that he was dead. However when she saw the smashed egg she growled in fury and stomped into a cave.

"Password!" somebody demanded.

"WEBS LET ME IN BEFORE I KILL YOU."

A pale greenish-blue SeaWing opened the door. "Hi Kestrel. That wasn't the password but okay," he said.

"WHATEVER." Kestrel went over to a sleeping mat and flopped down. "Hvitur is DEAD and the SkyWing egg is SMASHED and my life is OVER."

"Wait so we don't have a SkyWing for the prophecy anymore?" Webs asked.

"NOPE. And there's no way Queen Scarlet will let the others live." Kestrel glanced over to the four eggs they had managed to collect. "How are we supposed to complete the prophecy without the fifth dragonet?"

"Maybe we should let them go? Like give them back to their parents?" Webs suggested. "I mean, they probably won't like living in a cave for the first eight years of their lives."

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" Kestrel snarled. "WE'RE GOING TO COMPLETE THIS PROPHECY EVEN IF WE DON'T HAVE THE SKYWING!"

Webs shrank away from the irate SkyWing. "Okay, I'll get a RainWing instead!" he said hurriedly. "That should be easy since they don't even count the eggs."

"JUST GET OUT OF HERE!"

Webs ran away, and Kestrel set a stick on fire just because she was annoyed. "Too bad there's no SkyWing anymore," she muttered. "They'll probably fail. STUPID HVITUR."