1

I take my homework from my bag and begin to reach for my pencil, about to write "Bria" where it says "name" when I hear a buzz on my phone. I thought it was one of my friends texting me but I read "School Groupchat" instead. I don't usually talk on there, it's not like I'm unliked or completely shy, okay well I might be shyer than I'd like to admit.

I read "Aaron" sent a message. And I can't help but begin to fantasize about him in my head, making up random scenarios. I remember when I used to google "How To Get A Boy To Like You" or  "How To Attract Your Crush" and other varies of searches. And I'm well aware that I should go for it and see if he likes me too, but how could I? I'm just this girl who braids her hair and ties bows in it, and wears frilly skirts and dresses. And loves to wear babydoll shaped tops when it's nice out, I'm honestly just a girl. I know that could be seen as something many people could wish they had or could do, but I've always been this way. So I guess it's my normal. I don't know how else to be, let alone how to step out my comfort zone and try new things.

*The Next Day*

"BRIA!! BRIA!!" I hear someone yelling in the distance, as I almost instantly realize who it is. Jayna, my best friend since kindergarten. She runs late to school quite often. "Hi!", I yell back to her. Once she finally catches up I notice her outfit, she's wearing her classic blue flared jeans with a grey sweater. She also has on the most pretty gold necklace she bought one day when we were at the mall. "Sorry, my mom was talking about something she saw on the internet again." she says while almost completely out of breath. She has a very healthy fruit-loving mom, who reads a lot about conspiracy theories. But they do have the most delicious fruit in their home. "It's fine, you might want to drink some water though." I say jokingly as we walk into school. Going up to our lockers, mine being farther from hers, I see him from the corner of my eye. "Him" being Aaron. He's wearing a baggy blue shirt with matching shorts, and he's laughing with one of his friends. I turn quickly before he notices me. I've never told anyone I liked him, not even Jayna. I finish grabbing my binder, in which is way to big in my opinion, but the teacher told us we needed 3 inch ones. It always jams my locker. Me and Jayna begin walking to our first class, science. It's actually not that bad, I have a really nice teacher, a seat that isn't far from Jayna, and of course, Aaron's in my class.