⋆prologue

Melodies of Love: Reflections in Your Gaze 

Under the soft hues of the setting sun, 7-year-old Jiwon comforted her best friend, Jungwon, as tears rolled down their cheeks

Under the soft hues of the setting sun, 7-year-old Jiwon comforted her best friend, Jungwon, as tears rolled down their cheeks. Growing up inseparable, their lives were entwined like a delicate dance, mirrored by the unbreakable bond between their parents. 

As they shared a tight hug in the warmth of their bedroom, Jungwon with tearful eyes, made a heartfelt request, "Promise me you will never forget me." 

Their innocent promise echoed throughout the room. 

Life took a turn when Jiwon's dad recieved a job transfer to the USA.  The perfection of intertwined families and the unity of two souls was shattered, leaving them in tears as the distance threatened to pull them apart. Now Jiwon and Jungwon, were separated not only by land but by oceans too. 

a/n: that was poetic 💅

Breathing in the fresh air of Incheon International Airport feels like a warm hug. Jiwon finally back home after eleven long years. The last time she stepped foot here, the girl was just a child. 

"Jiwon," a voice called out from behind, pulling her out of her thoughts. It's him, the one she hasn't seen in four years since his visit to the US. 

His cat-like eyes and that hair falling over his forehead - he looks just the same, not a day older. A smile tugs at his lips, and Jiwon's heart skiped a beat. 

"Wonnie," The girl scream, dashing towards him. His arms wrap around her and in that moment, she felt safer than she had in years. 

It was like nothing else matters when she's with him. Even if the world falls apart, she knew she would feel safe in his embrace. 

"You've grown shorter," he teased, with a mischievous smile. Jiwon couldn't help but gasp dramatically, clutching her chest as if it was wounded, before playfully punching him in the arm. He simply chuckled in response. 

He grabbed one of her suitcases and started walking towards the parking lot. Jiwon could barely keep up with him because he was walking so fast. Eventually he stopped in front of a red Tesla and she couldn't believe it. 

This is NOT his car. 

Jiwon thought to herself, but then he pulled out his keys and unlocked it. The girls jaw dropped, it was unbelievable. 

"A picture would last longer," he teased with a wink. "That's a good looking car." Jiwon replied, still in shock. 

And he hit her with the, "Just like me." 

This is definitely not the Jungwon that I know. 

Jiwon was so shocked that she didn't even notice him putting the luggage into the car. 

"Are you gonna get in?" he asked while opening the door. She couldn't find the words, so she just nodded and stood there, still in disbelief. Jungwon chuckled and walked towards Jiwon. 

He opened the passenger door and jokingly said, "Do I need to kneel for you now princess?" The girl blushed and stammered, "N-no," trying to gather my thoughts, and quickly rushing in. 

He hopped into the car and glanced in her direction, which left Jiwon confused. She gave him a questioning look, and he let out a sigh. "Seat belt," he said and suddenly it clicked.

She hurriedly tried to pull the seat belt, but it seemed to be jammed, or maybe she was just too flustered. Jungwon 's hands gently touched Jiwon's, and he whispered, "Slowly,". He pulled the seat belt and secured it in place. 

She did a small awkward head bow and whispered 'thank you', and the ride started. 

Ngl the airport part reminds me so much of Unexpected Connections, I promise that this is just a coincidence guys

Also why was the first part so cringe