⋆16

"Jiwon," came the voice, and she turned around, knowing exactly who it belonged to

"Jiwon," came the voice, and she turned around, knowing exactly who it belonged to. Holding Jungwon's hand tighter, she walked towards Ni-ki, with Jungwon following closely behind.

Ni-ki hesitated before speaking, "Jungwon, Jake is looking for you for something." Jungwon nodded and left Jiwon with Ni-Ki.

"Liar," Jiwon whispered as Ni-Ki chuckled. "So, why did you call?" she asked with a smile. "Brace yourself for this one," Ni-ki said before taking a deep breath and delivering the news, "James is playing against Jungwon today." Jiwon's smile vanished.

Knowing exactly which James Ni-ki was talking about, she panicked slightly. "James from Canada? And street racing? Since when?" she asked, frustrated. "New for me too, looks like he joined after knowing Jungwon does it too." Ni-ki replied.

"How does he know about Jungwon street racing?!" Jiwon exclaimed, growing more anxious.

"I don't know about that but what i know for sure is that James will kill Jungwon to win." Ni-ki replied swiftly. Jiwon took a deep breath and asked when Ni-ki found out. "Just now," he answered.

"Let's hope Jungwon doesn't find out it's the same James," Jiwon said, worrying. Confused, Ni-ki asked, "Jungwon knows about James?" Jiwon explained that he had read the love letter James sent her.

"So, how did your boyfriend react?" Ni-ki teased. Jiwon rolled her eyes and replied, "None of your business, Nishimura." Ni-ki gasped, playfully shocked, before pointing out, "You didn't deny he was your boyfriend." Caught off guard, Jiwon stuttered, her words barely audible.

"Ni-Ki, Jake said he didn't call me," Jungwon stated, waiting for Ni-Ki's explanation. "He did," Ni-ki affirmed.

"I didn't," Jake interjected, but Ni-ki shot him a glare, prompting Jake to admit, "Actually, yeah, I did," with an awkward chuckle. "I was gonna ask if you are ready for today's match," Jake quickly directed, nervously smiling towards Ni-Ki. Jiwon, observing this exchange, silently chuckled to herself.

"What's happening?" a confused Sunoo walked in with his mint choco ice cream. "Nothing," Jiwon replied.

"Jiwon," Someone approached and hugged her from behind, causing everyone to stop and look. "J-James," Jiwon stuttered, recognizing the voice. She awkwardly slipped out of the hug and offered a smile.

"You never replied to the letter, not even a call," James said in a serious tone, his smile not reaching his eyes. Just then, Ni-Ki intervened, pushing Jiwon aside. "James, how are you, bro?" Ni-Ki greeted, embracing him.

James, taken aback, reciprocated the hug with a fake smile. "I'm good, you Riki?" he replied. "I was doing good," Ni-Ki retorted sarcastically, earning a chuckle from Jiwon.

Spotting Jungwon in the distance, James walked over, smirking. "Jungwon?" he addressed, extending his hand for a handshake.

"James," Jungwon accepted the handshake, returning the smirk. Jiwon and Ni-Ki exchanged knowing glances, anticipating the tension. As James tightened his grip, Jungwon maintained his composure, offering a small smile.