𝟎𝟐𝟑. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝

JUST PLAIN AWKWARD
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-three,
Gilmore Girls — Season One

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-three, Gilmore Girls — Season One

April 17th, 2001

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

     FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WHILE, I'm sat alone in the apartment with my music playing and my head buried in textbooks. I'm finally studying, and focusing on upcoming tests that I have, and I'm at peace.

Well, I'm in peace until Rachel barges through the door in a craze. She has her camera tucked into her bag, and she has several photos under her arm, and she comes to an abrupt stop when she sees me. She almost looks surprised to see that I'm here, in my apartment.

"Lucy. You're here. Good."

I furrow my eyebrows, confused, and I lean forward to turn off my music. I had the "Guilty Pleasure" cassette tape playing, and I was humming along to Prince's "Purple Rain" before Rachel walked through the door, and now she wants to talk with me. Great.

I close my textbook, and I watch as Rachel moves towards me with a stack of photos in her hand. The apartment, for the past two weeks, has been covered in all kinds of photos that need developing. Whilst studying, I often find myself looking to them, and I admire her work, I do, but I've never understood her passion for it. Honestly, I've never understood her.

She hands me a photo, and I immediately smile. It's a photo from the Starlight Festival, and it's me and Tristan standing close together by the bonfire. He has his arm around my back, and I'm leaning into his delicate touch. It's a sweet photo. It's our only photo too, and I love it.

Before I say anything, Rachel says, "You can keep it obviously. I thought it was sweet."

"Thank you," I say, offering her a smile as I keep my eyes on the photo of me and Tristan. We look happy, warm, satisfied. I can't wait to show him this. I can't believe this is the only photo we have together. I seriously need a camera.

Rachel steps away from me, and I place the photo down next to me as I reopen my textbook. I would speak to her, but I've barely spoken two words to her since she arrived. It's not that I can't speak to her, it's that I don't know what to say to her. She wants to be with my dad again, and I don't really know how I feel about it.

I want my dad to be happy, but I'm not sure if she's the answer. Actually, I know Rachel isn't the answer to my dad's ultimate ending, and I think he knows that too.