Greetings-3

The day ended when the bell had rung, letting the students know it was time to return home. Carefully descending the stairs, the girls stayed close to each other, waiting for their carriages to arrive. "Say, how about we ride together tomorrow since we don't have school", Charlotte suggested. "I think that's a splendid idea!", Rose clapped her hands in excitement. Jane thought for a moment then automatically smiled, thinking it was a great plan. "This sounds magnificent. I'll let my father know. I'm sure he'll say yes", her voice was filled with cheer. The girls continued their small chat. Finally, their carriages came and each headed back home.

Mounting onto the carriage, Charlotte's face brightened at the sight of her dear friend and butler, Edward. "Hello there dear, lovely to see you again", he chimed. "Likewise, Edward", she giggled as she settled in.  Cruising down the brick roads she arrived at the mansion where she was greeted by the maids. As she walked in, her favorite maid, Ms. Anne, stood near the entrance greeting Charlotte with a warm hug.

"Hello, my dear! How was your day?", she asked in a cheerful sweet tone. "It was good Ms. Anne. However, I'm kind of worried for my friend Jane. She was explaining about what was happening with her family. Her father has been acting a little different and she mentioned something about the business being a little rocky", she let out a slight pout.

"Oh dear. That sounds terrible", Anne had a tone of worry, her brows furrowed. "I'm sorry you had to hear that today. Here, how about I make some pastries", she suggested, lifting the mood as Charlotte's face brightened, "I would love that. Thank you, Ms. Anne." With a slight nod, Anne gently took her bag from her hands and took it up to her room. Her ears picked up some laughter coming from somewhere. Curious to find where it came from, she searched.

Upon arriving, she found her mother talking to one of her friends. Mrs. Brooke. "Ah, Charlotte! I didn't see you there. Come and say hello", her mother gave a warm smile. "Hello Mrs. Brooke", She greeted. "Hello, Charlotte. My have you grown! You look so much like your father", Mrs. Brooke chuckled. Smiling wide, Charlotte thanked her. After talking for a bit, the women went back to their conversation once she left. Feeling the warm sun kiss her face, she walked around the mansion and stumbled upon the garden. The flowers were slowly sprouting.

The calming ambience was interrupted by the familiar sound of her horse, Clyde, who was eagerly awaiting her return at the stable. Running towards the sound, she saw him pounding the ground with his hoof, excited to see her. "There now, settle down. Missed me, did you?" Charlotte laughed, running her hand over his dark coat. Clyde nuzzled her cheek, his breath was warm against her skin. She petted his head and then hugged him, making him let out a gentle neigh as he felt her touch.

Their moment was interrupted when all of her pets came to greet her with cheerful sounds and "embraces". Feeling the soft licks from her dog, the loud purring from her cats, and the little chirps the geese made, made her forget all her troubles, feeling the love from them. She embraced each and every furry friend, savoring the warmth. Her pets loved her more than she could imagine. Shaking herself off, she looked at her pets and smiled at all of them.

Her gaze landed upon Clyde once more and spoke, "I know you want me to ride you boy, but not today. Tomorrow we'll go riding then. I'm sure you remember Ginger and Flora, right?" Moving his head lightly, he let out a small neigh. "That a boy. I'll give you some carrots. It's my treat", she patted him and went towards the barrel. She took out a few carrot and gave some to him. Afterwards, she headed inside the mansion.