So soll es bleiben

"So soll es bleiben" - Ich + Ich

🎵 Ich warte schon so lange / Auf den einen Moment / Ich bin auf der Suche / Nach hundert Prozent / Wann ist es endlich richtig? / Wann macht es einen Sinn? 🎵

The train from Bedburg to Frankfurt is only about a two hour ride, if that. The trains in Europe are super fast and I love to ride them because it's fun to watch all the towns and forests blur by in a frenzy of green. Sure Emilia had wanted to go just for the shopping, but I loved how Frankfurt had a cool historical plaza and tons of museums.

To make the most of our day, Emilia forced me to wake up and get ready at 0600 so that Dad could drop us off at the train station at 0700. She barked at me like a crazy lady the entire time, screaming at me to hurry up because I drag my feet really early in the morning when I'm tired. Because I had a sinking feeling she'd dump me at the nearest museum, I made sure to bring a backpack filled with snacks, my power bank for my phone, my inhaler, and my passport. I used the rabbit backpack that one of Mom's estranged relatives had sent us from the States. Emilia said it looked childish, but I liked it. I even made sure to wear my comfy new tennis shoes and a nice hoodie that had Pikachu on it.

"Max, if you don't move your ass, I'll push you off the train!" Emilia shouted as she banged on the bathroom door that I'd locked just to annoy her since I was only brushing my teeth.

"You're such a bitch..." I muttered under my breath.

"What did you say?!"

"I have an itch?"

I finished getting ready and hurried out of the bathroom before my sister could swing at me. I went downstairs with my backpack in hand when the doorbell rang. I went to answer it, seeing that it was Emilia's friend, Sofia. Even though we live all the way in Canada, Emilia and Sofia keep in contact online and always hang out with each other when we visit Dad.

"Moin, Maxi-Pad," Sofia giggled as she walked inside, giving my hair a little tussle. She was tall and thin, and with her long blonde hair she always reminded me of a Barbie doll.

"Guten morgen," I said. "Emilia's almost ready. She's just upstairs."

Sofia nodded before smirking. "You ready for your new Deutsch word of the day?" she asked. She was always really nice and helpful, taking extra care to help me perfect my German so that I could go about town a lot easier. Obviously being Canadian meant that I struggled to pronounce a lot of the harder phrases, which often times led to some of the people here giving me odd looks, but at least I was trying!

I nodded, eager for today's lesson.

"Fotze," Sofia grinned, saying the word slowly so that I heard every letter involved. "It means 'Fine', like attractive, so make sure to call lots of women it when we are in Frankfurt because it will make their day."

"Danke!" I smiled up at her.

"Bitte, Maxi-Pad," she laughed, patting me on the head again.

Before she could teach me more, the doorbell rang again. I went to go answer it, but Dad entered the living room and beat me to it. It was a good thing too because on the other side was Alaric and the creepy Dominik. After he'd left the picnic table at the barbecue last night, I hadn't seen Dominik and had been slightly wishing that he'd change his mind and not come with us to Frankfurt. However, seeing him standing by Alaric wearing a black hoodie that again looked a bit tight on him (he must be going through a growth spurt— can mine come soon? I'm tired of being short!) and he was still looking mad at the world as he clutched a small paper coffee cup. As Alaric pulled my dad into a hug, Dominik's yellow eyes honed in me again and I swear that his pissed off expression lightened a little... by like one percent, if that.