Lass die Liebe regieren (2/2)

**********

[Photo of Felix]

**********

"Lass die Liebe regieren" - Madsen

🎵 Weil du zuhörst und erzählst / Weil dein Herz laut schlägt / Und die Welt sich immer weiter dreht / Weil du fällst und immer wieder aufstehst 🎵

Well damn, I am officially lost.

Just mere minutes ago, Dominik and I had been making our way back to the rented bicycle to head back to the train station, when we'd gotten caught up in an onslaught of beach-hungry German tourists.

I tried to look around for the Polizei or someone who looked like they were an employee or whatever, thinking back to what I've been told in school regarding getting lost and stranger danger. What sucked the most was that the influx of tourists was so big that I could barely make out a single person or what they were wearing because they shoved their way past so frequently.

I've (innocently) gotten lost so many times in my life that I definitely considered myself pro. Therefore, the smartest thing to do in a situation like this is make my own way back over to the bicycle to wait for Dominik. I mean, he's bound to head there anyway since he has to return it eventually. It makes perfect sense!

Staying close to the railing of the pier so that I wouldn't be swallowed up in the mass of people, I made my way back to the beginning of the pier where it met with the sidewalk. The parking section for all of the bikes was to the right of the pier entrance, and my stomach dropped to the ground when I saw that it had been cleared. There were no bikes at all, including the white one that Dominik had rented.

Damn, the douche must've ditched me.

Feeling defeated, I sat down on one of the benches, dangling my feet and holding my seal plushie in my clutches. I kept whipping my head around, trying to see if I could catch the sight of anyone frowning or looking generally fed up with life, because that's gotta be Dominik!

I just couldn't believe that he would actually leave me here at the pier all by myself! And there I thought that we'd actually been having a fun day at the beach. Wow, what a dummy I'd been! For some reason, I could feel my eyes sting a little bit, probably because of the salty air from the sea.

The train station shouldn't be too far away; but when I looked over in the direction that I thought it was in, I couldn't see any indication of it. All of the buildings were built close together, preventing me from seeing down the streets and potentially gaining a view of the station or even a train. That, and Dominik had been the one to peddle us to the pier, hence he'd been the one to memorize the route. Truth be told, if I were to walk through the streets of Nordwestmecklenburg, all I'd be able to do would be to look for signs that read Bahnholf, because that's "Train Station" in German. It didn't take a superpowered genius to know that that'd only result in me getting even more lost.

Scheiße!

"Bist du verloren, Welpe?" a deep voice asked, jolting me out of my trance.

I craned my head over and nearly screamed in shock as I gazed up at the mysterious man from the train station— the one who'd made his way towards me while Dominik had been in the washroom!

The blood drained from my face and my fingers even began to tingle with nerves as I stared up at the man's yellow eyes. Sure I was sitting down, but damn! The guy was crazy tall! I bet he was even taller than Dominik, and based off of the thick stubble on his square jaw, I would assume that he was much older too.