The Rope Swing

After everyone settled down and got there own rooms they all went to go get changed out of their funeral clothes and into something more casual and comfortable. Isabella brushed her hair out as it got tangled from being down all day, she then put it into a high ponytail with bits of hair framing the front of her face. She got changed into some shorts and a top as it was sunny and she wanted to try and get a bit of a tan. 

She then took her sketchbook, one that she always brought with her when she went somewhere, and her phone and earphones and went outside to sit on the grass near the lake and draw some new designs

While she was out there she could hear the dads having a conversation on the loungers a bit away, she could hear curly barking and she could hear the video game the kids were playing inside, along with the screaming that came with it. 

Just as she was about to put her earphones in, she heard Lenny talking to his sons that he brought outside, apart from Ryan who was holding Becky in his arms while he walked out of the house, about how they had to play outside the rest of the trip. Kurt and Eric then went inside to bring their kids outside as well, while Marcus just called Isabella over. 

The dad's decided that everyone was going for a walk through the woods. '' Hey Greg, when we were kids, your dad used to talk us into doing the craziest stuff. Yeah, I remember one time, we got our shower curtains put them in shopping carts and went shopping cart sailing.'' Kurt said to Greg.

Isabella looked at her while saying '' Omg dad, we used to do that. That was so fun.'' all the dad's look at Marcus before Lenny says '' Only Higgins would do that'' while laughing. Andre then asks '' Wait, how did you steer?'', Eric replies with '' Well, we didn't'', Greg then asks '' How did you stop?'' Lenny answers with '' You just smash into something. That was the fun part.'' 

She jumps in saying '' That's so true. I remember this one time we went down this dip and then we crashed into the wall. And that ladies and gentlement is how I broke my wrist and my thumb.'' Marcus then says '' Yeah, you're hand was so messed up. It made the nurses at the hospital throw up. It was awesome.'' while high-fiving Isabella. This casues Kiethie to ask '' Really? That's awesome. Do you have a scar? Does it bend in a wierd way ? Does it make a sound?'' She shows him the scar she has on the inside on her thumb all the way down to the end of her palm, he looks up at her in awe '' so cool'', she then demonstrate the slight clicking sound her wrist makes when she moves it too fast, making him more excited. 

 '' We used to shoot bottle rockets at each other.'' Marcus says everyone to get back round to the past '' You go for the guy's face to blind him.'' Lenny answers him with '' Okay, no, that's a little too much pal.'' 

Marcus backtracks and says '' No. No, I know. Kids, don't do that. You know what, erase, reboot.'' while making a rewind sound with his mouth, this just makes Isabella laugh as she used to hear that a lot when she was a kid. 

As everyone is moving on, Ryan stands next to Isabella and says '' I didn't know you had a scar.''  Isabella pauses for a moment, surprised by Ryan, then smiles softly. "Yeah, I guess I've got a few. They're like little reminders of adventures I've had along the way," she replies, meeting his gaze with a hint of warmth in her eyes.

He pauses and says '' Hold on a few? I was talking about the one on your thumb down to your palm. What other ones's do you have?'' gaining a questioning look on his face,  With a playful twinkle in her eye Isabella responds with "Maybe I'll show you the rest someday, if your lucky, some of them are a bit......intriguing" she trailes off with a coy smile, her eyes sparkling with a hint of flirtation from teasing him, enjoying the playful banter between them. She winks before turning back to the rest of the group, leaving him blushing from the teasing, a slight flush spreading across his cheeks as he tries to compose himself amidst the playful exchange. 

They turn back just in time to hear '' Rope on a tree baby. You know what that means.'', Charlotte responds sassily by saying '' We get to hang ourselves?'' Lenny looks shocked and asks '' Are you kidding me? You see a rope and a lake and that doesn't make you wanna go nuts?'' 

'' It makes me--- You know what? You know what, I'm gonna show them.'' Eric states as he heads towards the rope. He gets on the top rock, holding the rope before running shouting '' Who wants to see a double flip?'' he then swings on the rope before shouting '' Too high'' and clinging on. The kids start yelling telling him to drop. He only responds with '' This was a mistake. I can't let go I'm too scared.'' before smashing into a tree. The impact causing him to let go of the rope and him to flip over in the air before falling, he hits the group and then tumbles over so he lands near the lake. 

Kiethie then says '' That was awesome!'' making Isabella laugh slightly. She quickly stops when she hears Eric scream '' Oh, God. Oh, God, my leg's snapped. Oh my God, the bone's sticking out. I need help.'' She quickly grasps on to Ryan's bicep and hides her face in his shoulder as stands behind him as she doesn't want to see that. Feeling Isabella's grip on his bicep, Ryan instinctively wraps an arm around her in a protective gesture, offering comfort as she hides her face in his shoulder. Sensing her distress, he murmurs softly, "It's okay, Isabella. Just focus on me. I've got you."

Eric then starts laughing '' It's a stick. I got you.'' before standing up and throwing the stick away from him. Everyone lets out breaths of relief. Becky then shouts '' Daddy, that bird is hurt.'' while pointing down to the place Eric fell. Lenny responds with '' Oh my god, I'll go get a shoebox.'' 

As Marcus helps Eric up, Ryan turns to Isabella and says "Looks like we dodged a scare there," Ryan says with a reassuring smile, noticing Isabella's relief. "But hey, if you ever need someone to hide behind, I'm your guy," he adds, giving her a gentle squeeze on the shoulder before turning to lend a hand with the situation, he turns back and says ''And if you happen to stumble into anything unexpected... well, I've been known to catch people off guard," Ryan remarks with a grin, playfully referencing the notion of accidentally falling for someone. She blushes as he walks away, helping his sister with the bird.