Chapter 1 : IT'S ALWAYS THE ORANGE ONES!

School just ended as I was waiting on the sofa for Jiwoo to come back home. Today, I decided to skip classes and instead spend all day reading hero stories.When I was younger, I used to dream of using crazy powers to have fun fights like them. But after actually gaining them, all I got was the feeling of not belonging anywhere. I may be exaggerating, I mean, everyone starts feeling strange at one point in their lives. For most, it happens during their teenage years. I guess it's because of their bodies changing, their hormones raging and all that stuff. Yet, I think that my case was a little more urgent than your usual puberty. In fact, I don't think that average 10 year olds can make water appear by waving their hands. Indeed, while other parents brooded over their kids having imaginary friends, my single mother fretted over me being an alien. So we started moving all the time in fear of me getting caught and experimented on. What at first was a dream come true quickly became a heavy secret that I was tired of having to hide. That is until my mom met Jiwoo's mom. This little sunshine became my first friend as he was the first who I didn't have to hide from since he had powers too. After our moms went to work together in another country, we became roommates. Now, we are living boring high school lives. Damn, my reminiscence took 30 minutes and he still isn't back. He must have gone to buy cat food and ended up buying the whole store again. I got up to go open the sliding garden doors seeing the cat trio who often come to eat at our place, when I heard the front front door finally open.

- Nara, I'm home!

- Welcome back Jiwoo! I screamed from the living room.

As he walked by,smiling, I sensed it. That idiot... He used his powers again. You might be wondering how it is that I am aware. Well it is simple, we grew up together so naturally I got used to his ability's presence. Now, I can determine when and where he used it by sensing its familiar energy. I can also sense my own, they are both illustrated as weird images that I think of every time I feel the force that we let out when using our powers. Frustratingly, I stomped my way to him while he was opening his bag filled with cat treats.

- You!

- Me? he answered, startled.

- You used your powers.

- How do you always know?

- Not the answer I am looking for.

- There was a kid about to get hit by a car.

Hearing his response, I sighed then pinched this softie's cheeks.

- What will I do with you?

- Hehehehe...

He then took the new cat food he bought to give to the cats in the garden. They unexpectedly seemed to not want any thought. Even after all of Jiwoo's sweet talk.

- Do they not like it, I used all my extra money to buy it though?

- That's not it, they seem to want to bring us somewhere.

Thus, we followed them in the night streets till they found an alley to stop in front. While turning the corners, we both saw a ball of fluff covered in red. Was that...

- Is it dead?

Jiwoo didn't answer and ran towards the cat to bring it back home. We installed it on a pillow in Jiwoo's room after treating his injuries and I used my ability to help the kitty sleep better by relaxing his muscles. I first found out I could somehow control humans and animals' bodies in middle school when a random girl tried to bully me. At that time I knew that the humans were 70% made of water so I thought about sharing the headache she was giving me. I won't ever forget my shock when she actually started hitting her head and crying from the pain. Personally, I think it is a really badass way to use my gift even if for now, I can't completely control someone's body, but just one member at a time. As I was snickering thinking back at such a hilarious memory, the kitty's eyes fluttered. It seemed like it was waking up.

- Hey! Feeling better?

- Oh it's up? I'm so relieved, you seemed really injured! Jiwoo said entering the room.

He one sidedly talked for a while with the kitty then left before coming back with food.

- Eat this and get healthy!

- Haha, it is looking at the food like we are giving him insects, I added while gently petting his head.

For a second, I thought he glared at me but I quickly chased that idea away. The orange kitty unwillingly began to drink his milk when Jiwoo suddenly verified his gender. That's when we heard it. This deep male voice.

- Put me down.

...

- Did we leave the TV on?

- No, I read all day and didn't open it once.

- Then, the neighbors?

- Yes it must be them hahaha...

- Hahaha...

We awkwardly giggled together before getting interrupted by the same voice again.

- Can't you guys hear? Put me down before I punch a hole through one's head and use the momentum to whack the other out of the window.

We both looked down before backing in a corner, hugging.

- THE CAT TALKED?!

- WHY ARE ORANGE CATS ALWAYS SO QUIRKY?!