Chapter 7: WHAT A JERK!

When my work ended, I noticed Jiwoo and went directly home since I was still down about my incapacity at developing new relations. His answer didn't take a lot of time to come, he told me:" See you later and be careful on the way. Coming in, I greeted Kayden who was sleeping with the cat trio on the carpet. He then proceeds to reveal that he went to see Wooin old house and that he saw agents there thus we didn't have to worry because he was being taken care of by the union(another awakener's group in Korea). After that, I got myself a cup of hibiscus orange tea and Kayden a bowl of milk, I took a novel and lay comfortably beside the sleeping kitties. I was peacefully enjoying the third volume of a series I love until Kayden asked what I was doing.

- Hum, Reading?

- And?

-Drinking tea?

-And?

-Being happy?

-You brat! This is no time to be happy right now, you should be practicing your force control! He howled, smacking my head with his paw.

-What? You are such a demonic coach, I can't even read a little! I complained.

-I didn't say that kid! I am saying that you should do both! Reading and force control is the perfect way to practice the concentration you will need to use long range attacks during your fight!

-WHY ARE SCREAMING AT ME, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!

-THEN NOW THAT YOU KNOW, DO IT!

As I did like he wanted and began channeling my energy, we both glared at each other and I stuck my tongue at him. Before he could retort anything, the front door opened and Jiwoo came in. He greeted us without any energy and went to sit beside the constantly sleeping ex-monster cat to pet him silently. Me and Kayden exchanged confused looks before getting closer to whisper to the other.

-Yo what's going on with him? Asked our mentor.

-No idea, I wasn't with him at school today.

-Oh yeah, you had your charity thing planned right?

I nodded in reply before quitting the discussion to pat Jiwoo's hair. As I did so I asked if everything was okay and he answered that it was. But we have known each other since we were 8 years old, I know it better than him when he is feeling sad. Thus, I stopped the gentle petting and pinched his cheek while Kayden demanded:

-Spill.

Jiwoo then had no other choice but to tell us everything that happened today. He apparently got involved with the bullies trio again but this time it was their stupid leader who tried fighting him. Jiwoo could've destroyed his ass whenever he wanted so I didn't understand why he was feeling so down. My question quickly got answered when he revealed that that white haired asshole was an awakener who manipulated wind. There are much more hidden awakeners than I thought, me and Jiwoo felt so alienated all this time when there were two similar people in our school and a lot more around the world. I suddenly feel so dumb, I should've guessed that after meeting Jiwoo. My thoughts got interrupted by Kayden's talking:

-If he said it was to sort out your rank, then he must be used to fighting other awakened ones. It was impossible for you, a newbie, to win versus him.