♡ 01

FREDERICK

3 years have passed since all this started, I still remember it well although some things are still blurry, something that I remember clearly and clearly is the day when I was bitten, exactly on my leg when I was trying to flee with my family, which I don't know. It was worthless since they died and I got bitten.

How I wish I had died that day or at least mentally died from being infected, but unfortunately I was lucky enough that my brain survived the infection or rather, resisted it, I don't know how this is possible but I really don't like living like this. My hunger is very annoying, running away from healthy people who are trying to kill me is too annoying and speaking of which, I just ran into a group of 6 people who tried to kill me: They shot me, cornered me and cut me, they tried to cut my head off but I managed to escape from them, although quite injured.

I sat on a rock in the middle of the abandoned city, sighing and removing the bullets from my left arm, it really burns and hurts.

– Damn, it's deep... why didn't it better go through my arm? –

I sighed, when I finally managed to remove the bullet from my arm I felt great relief and tried to relax, although the tranquility did not last long when I heard noises behind me, when I paid attention to them I heard footsteps, someone was running towards my direction, I got up and looked back, preparing in case I need to run or fight

NARRATOR

When Frederick got a little closer, he was surprised by a boy who was running and collided with him. Due to the speed at which he was going, they tripped and both fell to the ground. Both complaining of pain from the fall. 

–  Argh! Could you be more careful?! –

Frederick exclaimed with frustration in his voice, the other boy had not paid much attention to him and stood up talking.

– I had no intention of hitting you, excuse me, but it would be better to run! An infected dog is coming after me! –

The boy spoke quickly and Frederick was surprised to hear that. The infected dogs were very fast and violent, Frederick hated them too so they both tried to hide when they heard the dog approaching. They entered a store hiding behind one of the last shelves, trying to prevent the dog from detecting their smells. Until now, that other boy was still not paying enough attention to Frederick to notice that he was infected.

– Hey.. What's your name? –

Frederick asked, curiously, it had been a long time since he had talked calmly with someone. 

– My name is Zack, what is yours? –

– Frederick, It's been a while since I've met someone.. –

– So you've also been alone for a while? I lost my previous group in an attack... – sigh

– I am sorry to hear that.. –

– It's okay, and hey do-... –

Zack immediately stopped talking when he looked at Frederick, noticing the black traces of the infection on his skin and blood stains on his skin and clothes. All these minutes they were whispering, Zack was about to raise his voice on impulse but the dog was still out there. so Frederick reacted by covering Zack's mouth with his hand.

– Shh! If you scream the dog will hear us...

Just by seeing Zack's expression and his eyes, Fred could see the panic that Zack surely felt. They were in a corner alone. Zack's thoughts were about how he escaped from the dog but now he would be eaten by an infected person. Frederick sighed. 

– I won't hurt you.. Please. –

In those seconds Zack had grabbed a small knife that he had in his pocket, in a second Frederick felt the cut on his face, moving away from Zack and bitting his own lip to avoid letting out a scream, covering his eye with both hands, the blood staining his hands.  Now looking at Zack, he was still where he was but in a position that indicated he was ready for another attack if he had to, although he could see the confusion on his face due to Frederick's human behavior being infected.

— ZACK —

What the hell is going on?! This boy is completely infected but his behavior is still very human! Are these monsters evolved or is there something I don't understand? It's a trick?

– Don't even think about moving an inch. –

I could see Frederick's emotionless face, he moved his hands away from his face and raised them, as if trying to indicate that he wouldn't do anything, I could see the cut I gave him slowly heal. This boy had definitely been infected for a long time and was close to the last phase, but I still don't understand why he acts this way.

– Why are you like this? –

– What do you mean..? –

– You act very... normal. –

author note: Hi :D! I hope you like this first episode! It's a little short