♡ 04

- ZACK -

Did I hear it right? He just asked me to kill him if we come out of this successfully...? What kind of madness is that! What am I supposed to respond to that crazy request?

- Excuse me.. What?! Why are you asking that?!

- I know it sounds.. crazy? But it's something I really want..

- But... if you want that so much, why haven't you done it yourself? And if we find a cure that would help you too!

- I'm too cowardly to do it myself, if someone else does it quickly and without torture... it will be the best for me... I don't want that cure.

- But..

- Please..?

Damn, his tone of voice is pleading and sad, but he still maintains a really serious expression. I guess I could do that for him, so I shouldn't get attached

- Okay, so do we have a deal?

I extended my hand slightly towards Frederick, who reacted by taking it with a softer tone when speaking, thanking me so I showed him a smile.

We decided not to waste time and take advantage while the sun was still up, Fred didn't really have much to carry besides his cat, Oreo, who is honestly quite cute but I feel like he wants to poke my eye out, that cat is always watching me and it gives me chills. We had walked for a while until we were deeper into the forest, we decided to look for a place to camp that night because of all the infected animals that showed themselves when the sun began to set.

I had my food as cookies for the moment but Fred... what am I supposed to offer him? I don't even know if he can or likes to eat normal food.

- Uhm... Hey, you want some? I don't have much I can offer you without cooking, and lighting a fire would attract the attention of some animals right now

- Thanks.. but no, even if I wanted to I can't

- You can't? Is it okay if I ask why?

- How to explain it.. The time I tried to eat something like that didn't go well, drinks and water don't affect me in a bad way, but the food causes me horrible pain and discomfort, I guess it's due to the infection, What really doesn't hurt me is raw meat, mostly due to its bacteria, which mostly disappear when cooked. I could look to see if there are rats nearby and eat something tho..

- Rats?! That's disgusting! How did you come to try them?...

Okay WHAT?! That took me completely by surprise, I am aware that the infected eat humans like scavengers and zombies... but I did not expect that in general it would be the only thing they can eat.. But rats? Alive animals?! I don't think I can get used to this... but now because of my ideas I'm stuck with him...

- I was starving, I hadn't eaten anything in days and the hunger becomes uncontrollable, it was the first thing I found and it really doesn't taste as horrible as I thought it would be as First to be honest

- I understand... and hey, I have a question, does your body break down? Just like in those zombie movies..?

Frederick's expression made it clear to me that it was a very very stupid question and that he was now judging me.

- No, My body is not dying, idiot.

‐ Hey! I think that's a pretty valid question!

- Ugh.. On the contrary, my body heals, at least with how developed the infection is in me, my wounds heal themselves. It is very rare, the infection changes the appearance and way of functioning but it does not kill me... well, the majority lose their consciousness, going wild due to impulses and out of control hunger... I have met others with the same luck this year tho

- wait, really?

- Yes, but they already went to other places... anyway, enough of your absurd questions, I'll go look for a mouse in this cave or a bird outside.

- Okay..

Ok that's cool but tedious, although it still awakens my curiosity about things, it also gives me a different point to see this, the animals changed and stronger, now it makes more sense.. I better stop thinking so much and put together the sleeping bags, Oreo woke up and is judging me with his eyes again...

I also have a good feeling that we will achieve what we both want, even if his wish is sadder than mine...

~~~~~~~~~

Heya heya! Knowing more about the infection ☆