𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 8

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

A CAMERA FLASHES BRIGHTLY AS IT TAKES OUR PHOTO. I stand beside Fleur who sits and Harry stands behind me. "Hello." A blonde woman dressed in green says as she walks forward. "I'm Rita Skeeter." She says and holds her hand to all of us to shake.

Her pale hand grips mine tightly before moving to Krum. "I write for the Daily Prophet. But of course you know that, don't you? It's you we don't know." She rubs her tongue over her teeth with a smile. "You're the juicy news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks." She rubs her hand over Fleur's cheek before patting it harshly.

"What mysteries do the muscles mask. Does courage lie beneath those curls." She walks over to Cedric, playing her fingers through his hair. "In short, what makes a champion tick? 'Me, myself & I' want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So who's feeling up to sharing?" She looks between us before grabbing me.

"Shall we start with one of the youngest? Lovely." She pulls me into a broom cupboard. "This is cozy." I mutter under my breath and she pushes me deeper into the cupboard. "Don't mind if I use a Quick-Quotes Quill, do you?" The curly haired blonde asks me.

I sit myself down on one of the stairs. "So tell me Jupiter, here you sit, the daughter of Sirius Black, a mere girl of 12-" I cut her off. "I'm fourteen." She rolls her eyes. "About to compete against four students, not only vastly more emotionally mature than yourself, but who have mastered spells that you wouldn't attempt in your dizziest day dreams?" she tilts her head down, her glasses sliding down her nose.

"Who says I wouldn't attempt them? Who says I can't do them? Don't tell me that you are judging my skill set from my age?" She hums with a click of her tongue. "You are no ordinary girl of twelve are you? Your story is unknown, your existence was unknown until you decided to accept your Hogwarts letter? Why did you accept?" She asks me and her quill rapidly writes down her questions.

"I wanted to further my education." It's simple and she nods her head. "Do you think it's the fact you want to further your education that made you so keen to enter such a dangerous tournament." My hair spikes to red. "No-" she cuts me off. "Or was it to compete against The Harry Potter?" I can see my skin change to a bright crimson.

"This has nothing to do with Harry." I grit out, clearing my throat as I allow my skin to change back to its pale colour and my hair to its ebony black. "Speaking of Harry, how does it feel to know your father got his parents killed?" I push myself up, walking past her and opening the cupboard door.

I slam it shut behind me, storming out of the room.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

"I just can't stand her." I grit out to Harry and lean against the window in the Owlery. "She asked me how it felt knowing my father got your parents killed!" I scoff out and run a hand through my dark hair. "She asked me if I was competing because of some sort of rivalry with you." He says and an owl flies through the window, holding onto a note.

Harry opens it and holds it between us for the both of us to read it.

Harry, Jupiter, I couldn't risk sending Hedwig. Ever since the World Cup, the Ministry's been intercepting more and more owls and she's too easily recognised. We need to talk, face-to-face. Meet me in the Gryffindor Common Room 1:00 this Saturday night. And make sure you both are alone.

-Sirius. P.S the bird bites.

The bird bites my finger and I snatch it back. Blood drops down my finger and I rub it in my trousers. Harry chuckles slightly and I glare playfully at him. He shoves the note into his pocket.

"How are things with Ron?" I ask Harry and he sighs. "He thinks I put my name in." I nod my head. "What about with Hermione?" Harry asks me and wind blows through the window and through my hair.

"She knows how mad it would be to put your name in the Goblet. And how the handwriting of my name isn't mine, that someone forged it." He nods along and I move to the exit. "Do you want to talk a walk?" Harry nods his head and we leave the owlery.

Wind blows through my long dark hair and Harry looks at me. "What?" I ask him and stop on one of the stairs. "You're beautiful." He tells me and the corners of my mouth curl into a smile. "You think so?" I ask him and he nods. My hair blows beside me and Harry stares at me gently.

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." I smile and my hair changes to pink. Harry chuckles as he sees it and I force it back to black. "Oh, shush." He laughs out and takes my hand, holding it as we walk down the stairs of the owlery and walk around the school.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

887 Words

A/N- be prepared for cute scenes.

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare