𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 19

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 19

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 19

I HOLD MY POTION FLASK IN MY HAND. Nerves settle in my stomach and the boat approaches the stands in the black lake. The canoe hits the stand and I push myself out. I take a step onto the wooden dock-like edge and walk through the crowd of people in my Gryffindor clothes.

I spot Harry and walk over to him. "Are you nervous?" I ask him and he holds Gillyweed in his hands. Professor Moody motions us over to him and I slip my arms out of my jacket and my legs from my joggers. The wind hits my skin harshly.

I pull the cork and drink the potion. Well, it's not a potion, it's water. I'm going to try and use my metemorphmagi abilities to morph and mutate my body. I don't know if this will work. But I hope it does. I haven't got a backup plan.

A canon blasts and I dive into my water, allowing my skin to flicker over before I collide with the hard cold liquid.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

Freezing cold water surrounds me. It cools my now scale-y skin. My ears have morphed into that of a fish and gills cover my arms and legs as fins take the place of my feet. The pattern of scales cover my arms and I swim deeper into the water.

I didn't know I could do this. I've shocked myself. I can hear merpeople singing and swim closer to them. Kelp brushes against my fins and fish swim past my arms.

I can hear a distorted wail and a Selkie swims hurriedly past me. I follow after her and I'm lead to an underwater structure, grown over by sea life and I spot Ron and Hermione attached to kelp and strung in the water. I hurriedly swim to Hermione and check her face. She's asleep, and so is Ron.

There are five people here; Ron, Hermione, Cho, Draco, and Fleur's younger sister. My eye twitches as I realise who I'm meant to take. I grit my teeth together and undo Malfoy's attachment.

I hear someone else swimming close and see Harry approaching me. I flash him a slight smile and shove Malfoy's body upwards before dragging him with me harshly.

My body meets the surface and I let out a slight gasp for air. Malfoy splutters out water and coughs. "Get me out of this stupid lake!" He clings to my arm like a koala and I swim towards the stands. He shoves me out of the way and rushes to get out of the water.

"You're welcome!" I call out before pulling myself from the water, my body dripping from head to toe. My fish like features morph away, leaving my normal appearance. Cedric pops up from the water with Krum following and I spot Fleur in the stands. "Fleur, what about your sister?" Her body flinches at the mention of her name.