𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 20

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 20

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 20

HARRY AND I WALK INTO DUMBLEDORE'S OFFICE, LISTENING TO HIM AND FUDGE ARGUE. "A man has died here, Fudge. And he won't be the last. You must take action!" Dumbledore urges him but gets cut off. "I will not. In times like these, the wizard world looks to its leaders for strength, Dumbledore!" The Minister argues.

"Then for once show them some!" Harry and I listen in from behind the door. "The Triwizard Tournament will not be cancelled. I will not be seen as a coward!" Harry takes a step closer towards the door dividing us and the two males. "A true leader does what is right, no matter what others think." Dumbledore tells the man and I hear Fudge's shoes hit the floor harshly as he storms forward.

"What did you say to me?" He demands harshly. "Excuse me, gentlemen." Moody breaks up their argument. "It may interest you to know this conversation is no longer private." The door clicks unlocked and swings open as Harry goes to knock.

"Oh, Harry, Jupiter. How good to see you both again." The Minister smiles guiltily and Dumbledore steps from his desk. "We can come back later, Professor." Harry offers. "Not necessary. The minister and I are done. I'll be back in a moment. Minister, after you." Dumbledore rushes down the steps and motions for the minister to exit his office.

"Oh, both, do feel free to indulge in a little Licorice Snap in my absence. But I have to warn you, they're a wee bit sharp." He goes to walk past us but stops as he sees me. "Jupiter, it is within you, concentrate." The old man winks and walks out with the Minister. Moody stomps heavily down the stairs and passes us.

My gaze on him sharpens and he keeps his eyes locked on mine as he uses his wand to shut the door of the office. It closes slowly and leaves Harry and I alone. He reaches for a handful of Licorice Snaps. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. They bite." The sweets in his hand bite his fingers and he winces, scrambling to get them off him.

I stare amused and a large noise takes my attention. A Pensieve slides out, glowing blue on my skin as the light reflects off the water. Harry frowns as he stares at it. "That's a Pensieve. The Pensieve of Hogwarts." I say with a slight gasp and recall Dumbledore's words in my mind. Jupiter, it is within you, concentrate.

I know what he wants me to do. "You do it Harry." I tell him and he walks over to it. "Trust me on this." I say and interlock our fingers. He presses his face into the liquid and I close my eyes. I focus on Harry, on his touch. On his warmth. I focus on his mind and try to penetrate it with my own. I feel little needles poke my brain and I slip into his mind, into the memory.

Dumbledore was right. It is within me. We're falling. Falling quickly through the air before landing in two chairs. Harry grunts and pants and I stare at the Azkaban cell opposite me. "Professor?" Harry asks Dumbledore before a hand sticks through his ghost-like body.

I keep my gaze on the metal and Igor Karkaroff rises in chains within it. Spikes point at him, ready to penetrate his skin and cause crimson blood to spill should he move. "Igor Karkaroff, you have been brought from Azkaban at your own request to present evidence to this council." Barty Crouch tells him as he gazes down at the man with cold eyes.

"Should your testimony prove consequential, council may be prepared to order your immediate release. Until such time, you remain in the eyes of the Ministry a convicted Death Eater. Do you accept these terms?" The man in the spike containment nods. "I do, sir." He says to the man.

"And what do you wish to present?" Mr. Crouch asks the man. "I have names, sir. There was a Rosier, Evan Rosier." A man dressed in black sitting beside Mr. Crouch scans through papers before handing them to Mr. Crouch who reads through them quickly.

"Mr. Rosier is dead." Mr. Crouch tells the death eater. "He took a piece of me with him, though, didn't he." Moody leans towards Dumbledore, motioning to his eye with a chuckle. "I didn't know." Karkaroff says in shock.

"If that is all the witness has-" Mr. Crouch gets cut off. "No, no, no. There was Rookwood! He was a spy." He long dark haired man tells Mr. Crouch. "Augustus Rookwood? Of the Department of Mysteries?" Karkaroff nods rapidly. "Yah, yah, the same. He passed information to You-Know-Who from inside the Ministry himself." He tries to smile slightly, thinking this will get his released from Azkaban. It won't. It doesn't.

"Very well. Council will deliberate. In the meantime, you will return to Azkaban." The man yells out. "No!" He yells. "Wait! Please! Please, I have more! What about Snape? Severus Snape?" The council sighs and Dumbledore stands.

"As the council is very much aware, I've given evidence on this matter. Severus Snape was indeed a Death Eater and, prior to Lord Voldemort's downfall turned spy for us at great personal risk." The grey haired man says.

"It's a lie!" Karkaroff yells out. "Today he's no more a Death Eater than I." Dumbledore sits back down. "Snape remains faithful to the Dark Lord!" The man on trial yells out before Mr. Crouch silences the court. "Unless the witness possesses any genuine name of consequence this session is now concluded." Karkaroff shakes his head with a slight smirk.

"Oh, no, no, no. I've heard about one more." He tells the man. "What's that?" Crouch asks. "The name." He edges. "Yes?" Mr. Crouch asks. "I know for a fact this person took part in the capture and by means of the Cruciatus Curse torture of the Auror Frank Longbottom and his wife!" Karkaroff yells out and Barty Crouch Jr stands and goes to leave the room.

"The name. Give me the wretched name!" Mr. Crouch yells out. "Barty Crouch, Junior." Everyone stares at the standing man before a stupefy charm hits and he flies into a pile of papers before beating dragged to stand opposite his father who stares at him numb.

Mr. Crouch sent his own son to Azkaban.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

1084 Words

A/N- I'm really starting to love this fic.

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare