𝟎𝟐𝟕. 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐬

FREAKING DAISIES
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-seven,
Gilmore Girls — Season Two

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-seven, Gilmore Girls — Season Two

May 28th, 2001

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

SUMMER HAS OFFICIALLY BEGAN IN STARS HOLLOW and I love summer in our small town in Connecticut. The sun shines, the townsfolk appear happy, and I love wearing my summer clothing. Sure, my outfits consist of the same pair of shirts and skirts, but I love the breeze and sunshine. It warms me.

But instead of kickstarting my summer outside with Addy and Nathan— something I do every year— I'm sat in my sweats at the counter while Dad rushes around and serves the customers.

I haven't set foot outside yet. I haven't embraced the fresh summer air or pulled on suitable clothing. Instead, I'm sweating in my clothes and drinking coffee. Dad tries to speak with me every so often but he then gets pulled away by a customer.

I look outside to see a large swarm of people surround the window outside the diner, and I raise an eyebrow in confusion. "Dad," I call out, and Dad looks up from his notepad to the scene before him.

"What the hell are they doing?"

I gasp, my eyes widening when I see Kirk being pressed against the window by those behind him. "Kirk is going to get pushed through the window."

"Town is full of crazy people," Dad grumbles. "Whole town should be medicated and put in a rec room with ping pong tables and hand puppets."

"Real nice, Dad."

Lorelai steps over to us, and she places a hand against my back. I smile politely, afraid that if I don't, she'll immediately assume I'm hung up on my recent breakup. For the record, I'm not hung up— not entirely— and I don't need everybody babying me in this town.

The whole town knows about my breakup with Tristan which, well, isn't surprising given that I've spent the last two weeks caged up in the diner, wallowing since I spoke to my dad and had a silly breakdown in the middle of Sniffy's Tavern with Maisie and Buddy.

While me and Tristan broke up, Rory and Dean got back together. Of course, I'm happy for her but I haven't seen her until, well, now. She sits at the table, waiting for her mother to return, and I smile in her direction, offering a wave.

"Hey, Luce, can I talk to your dad?" Lorelai asks, and I look between her and my dad, confused as to what she has to say but I assume it has something to do with the crazy people outside the window.