CHAPTER-3

After talking with Drishti, Rooh took her dupatta and went to the kitchen for breakfast.

Oiling the pan, she spread her paratha on the pan and started thinking about her conversation with Drishti.

Reminiscing, she always realized how pivotal that situation was in her life and how it changed her as a woman. As a teenager, it was tough for her to handle all those overwhelming emotions together.

Evaluating her present, she was proud of the woman she was today. All healed, strong, and tough on her boundaries. She was content and fulfilled in herself.

Realizing she was late for the office, she quickly made one more paratha for herself. After savoring the paratha with a cup of tea, she left for her office precisely at 08:30 am.

ROOH'S OFFICE,
VARANASI.

A taxi stopped in front of a white and grey colored building. It was fifteen-floored with glass laminated windows. A big white and grey colored logo was above the building. It had a very simple and minimal design to it.

Rooh stepped out of the taxi and made her way toward the entrance of the building.

As she enters the building, a reception and different compartments with chairs and desks come into view. She stops behind a chair and pats her friend's head.

Rooh: Hey Archana! Wassup?

Archana: God Rooh! Half of my memory loss comes from you patting my head. And, the answer to your question, I am as hot as always.

Archana replied with a wink.

Siddharth: Morning girls! What are you both discussing?

Speaking, Siddharth enters his compartment, slanting his bag on the end of his desk.

Rooh: Excuse me! Before asking that, tell me, where were you both yesterday night? I kept calling you both for the details of the Rawat project. I had to write a report on it.

Siddharth and Archana went numb on this question and started staring at Rooh with wide eyes.

Siddharth eyed Archana and started speaking.

Siddharth: Actually, we were together yesterday night.

Rooh: So what are the spicy details of the night? Tell me!
Rooh said with a sheepish laugh.

Archana: Oh! Stop it, Rooh! Don't make me any more embarrassed now!
Archana said while putting a hand on her face to hide her red cheeks.

Siddharth: So now Missy feels embarrassed for spending the night with me.

Archana: Stop making it sound like we did something, Siddharth!
Archana exclaimed with wide eyes.

Siddharth: Looks like we need to work on that embarrassment. What do you think Rooh?

Rooh: I want you both to stop your bedroom talks here. I have something important to tell you. But before that, I need to go and meet Mr. Bharadwaj.

Archana: Are you accepting the offer?
Archana Asked with a sad face. Rooh just gave a nod as yes.

Siddharth: Wait, what offer?

Archana replied, "Rooh is moving to Lucknow."

Siddharth: Oh! So when will you be back?

Archana: She is moving there permanently.

Siddharth faces Rooh with a shocked expression and says.

Siddharth: But why? Why do you want to go back there? What if everything repeats? Stay with us, please.

Rooh: Even I don't want to leave you guys! But I can't stay away from my family forever. You guys wait here. I'll be back in 5 minutes.

Rooh turned towards a glass cabin with green borders. Arriving there, she knocked on the door.

A thick male voice echoed from inside, "Come in."

Rooh slipped inside the cabin and stood in front of Mr. Bharadwaj. He looked at Rooh through his black round-rimmed glasses and asked, "Good morning, Miss Vyas. Is everything alright? And please have a seat."

Taking a seat, Rooh said, "Thank you, sir."

Rooh: Sir, I am curious to know if the last week's offer is still valid. I have decided to move to Lucknow headquarters and work from there.

Mr Bharadwaj: Yes. You may still avail of that offer. Bring the transfer letter and the necessary documents for the signature. And you are good to go. You may leave for Lucknow after three days. We will miss you.

Rooh: Thank you, sir. I will bring the letter in ten minutes.

Nodding in respect, Rooh got up from her chair and left the cabin.
Rooh ultimately decided to move back to Lucknow and stay with her family. Not only because she misses her home but also because of her younger sister. She does not want her to feel alone after Drishti is wedded.

After having a conversation with her boss, Rooh went back to her desk and sat between Archana and Siddharth. Rooh started explaining them on why is it so important to go to lucknow.

It took a ton of explaining to convince Archana and Siddharth about her plans.

Archana: But promise us Rooh, you will keep us updated about yourself. We will stay connected through calls and texts. Also, promise us to meet at least once a year.

Rooh: Yeah, I promise.
Rooh said with teary eyes.

The three friends took a half day and enjoyed their time together. After that Rooh booked a cab back to her apartment early.
------------------------------------------------------❤️🦋
THANK YOU.