Chapter 13

It was 6:30 in the morning when your rusty alarm clock started to make its creaking sound to announce that your sleeping time was over for today.

You slapped the clock with your palm to shut it down from making that abhorrent sound.

You lazily pushed the white sheets away from your body and you got up and sat on the bed with half closed eyes. You stretched out your arms to kick away your morning laziness.

You hopped down from your bed and went to the washroom while rubbing your eyes as the loose slippers on your feet made a flapping sound that echoed through your quiet room.

After brushing your teeth and rinsing your face with the warm water, you walked to the kitchen to look for yesterday's leftover food which you can manage as your breakfast.

You rolled your eyes over the bunks of your refrigerator and sighed when you found nothing edible, you won't be able to make something for yourself because even your kitchen shelves were empty which left you in disappointed.

At that moment your only hope was Taehyung. The only thing you could do was to wait for him to come and take you to the supermarket because you are still not habituated with the places here and on top of that the stores which are next to your house are closed on a Sunday and the other stores are far away from your place and you never went there by yourself.

But maybe this time you have to go by your own because you don't know when Taehyung will come and accompany you to the store and your appetite has started to cross its borders by now.

You walked over your room lazily and picked up a random dress from the wardrobe to change and go out just when the door bell rang and you looked at the clock which showed the time 7:00.

Who is ringing the bell so early?

You thought, because as far as you know Taehyung he was a morning hater and won't be up so early especially on a Sunday when the weather outside is so pleasant and just perfect for the sleepy heads.

For a moment you thought it was Mrs. Jung, your new neighbour who has come.

But you were left speechless when you opened the door and saw Taehyung waiting for you outside with two huge plastic bags carried on his both hands.

You looked at him with an 'o' forming in your lips as if you have seen a ghost.

He gently pushed you with his elbow to make his way inside your house. Without saying anything he walked straight to your kitchen and kept the huge plastic bags on the kitchen bunks.

"You? So early? And what are these?" you asked, confused and amazed at the same time as you peeped inside the plastic bags.

"Groceries for your house" he replied while smiling and you were stunned at the coincidence.

"All the stores are closed here. I had to go the city market to get these things" he scratched the back of his head as you were busy unpacking the things.

"Impressive!" you remarked while unpacking the things and Taehyung smiled even more. "You bought the right stuffs, you have a good concept of buying the monthly house stuffs".

"Yeah, I used to buy stuffs for my Mom when she was at Seoul" he shyly scratched the back of his neck while looking down, his cheeks tinted pink out of blushing. "Do you need anything else?"

"No, these are enough" you replied while smiling back. You felt that Taehyung was being a bit different that day as he was not being the cocky arrogant Taehyung anymore. But he was acting much more sweeter.

"I thought you hate waking up early in the morning" you said while raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I do but I thought that you must be needing some groceries" he replied while he started to help you out with unpacking the things.

"That's so sweet of you" he blushed and smile at the same time at your sweet remark when your eyes fell on his wrist around which wrapped a thin string bracelet tied in a knot at the end. It was a red coloured band with square shaped beads which had the letters of his name carved on them.

Suddenly you were hit by a bunch of memories that carried it to your childhood days when you and Taehyung were kids.

"This is for you"

A series of memories started playing at the back of your head as a thin childlike voice rang in your ears when you remembered the day you have gifted this bracelet to him. The day when he left Busan with his parents.

"You still have it" amazed as your eyes twinkled by looking at that thin string of endless memories.

"Yeah, how can I lose it? After all you gave it to me" he smiled while raising his wrist up and showing it clearly to you.

You giggle while looking at that small precious gift which was beyond any price. The only price for it was nothing else but friendship.

"The colours are still intact! You have kept it with care" your eyes shone as you looked at the bright red colour which was Taehyung's favorite.

"Yeah, I kept it with care" he shyly scratched the back his neck while bitting his bottom lip, his cheeks turned into the hue of tinted pink as he blushed.

"Did you have your breakfast today?" you asked driving off the topic because you knew that if it goes on then it will take the whole day or maybe more than that.

"No. Can you make something? I am starving... "

⬛⬛⬛

"Here you go!" you passed the plate full of pancakes to a hungry Taehyung who was sitting impatiently for the breakfast to get served.

"Thank you" he thanked you for the food that you gave him.

It's nice, this boy has got some manners....

"Umm.... I don't have maple syrup, you can used honey as a substitute" you passed the small jar of honey towards the cute boy who held his hands out and took it gladly.

"It's fine. Honey is good too" he poured the honey over the pancakes with the help of a spoon as you pulled up a chair from beside and sat next to him.

"Umm.... " he halted in between his words and looked down at his plate with an oh I forgot to tell you something expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" you asked with eyebrows raised as you stuffed some of the pancake in your mouth with the fork.

"I forgot to tell you something" he looked up at you while playing with the cutlery.

"What sumthig?" you spoke with your mouth full with food and 'something' sounded like 'sumthig'.

Taehyung giggled at your cuteness and pulled your cheeks with his thumb and the index finger while showing off his cute bear teeth.

"Tell me already..." you whinned and removed his hand with your shoulder.

"I won't be able to come in the evening be-"

"Why?!" he couldn't even complete telling you the whole thing that you freaked out and cut him off in the middle of his sentence.

The whole room became silent as Taehyung looked at you with eyes popped out. He got startled with your sudden hyper reaction. You shrugged a bit knowing that you have successfully made a fool of yourself.

Taehyung was your only companion in this new city and it doesn't matter how much you snap at him, you always miss his company and when you heard that he was not coming in the evening you couldn't help but freak out.

Maybe he has a date with his girlfriend.....

You looked down at your plate with embarrassment hitting you like a truck as you clenched the fork in your hand if was when Taehyung began to speak.

"Umm... I have a gathering with my friends" he said and you looked up to meet his eyes but he suddenly darted his eyes from you and broke the contact. His cheeks were all red and hot. No doubt he was feeling shy too, after all he had a thing for you which he was finding difficult to express.

Your lips moved, you couldn't find an appropriate word to respond, after pausing for a moment something finally left your mouth.

"Oh I see..."

⬛⬛⬛