first day, huh?

"its another day, but this is a special day! it's my first day of fifth grade, i'm so nervous but excited! oh, how i can't wait to meet my class. i hope they're as nice as my old classmates.", the child was full of energy, excitement radiating off their body. the father smiled at his child and hoped the same as well, their family had recently moved due to work issues, but everything should be fine.

when the father and child arrived at the gate, the child and father parted ways. "bye-bye! i love you daddy!", the child exclaimed. the father said nothing, as the child had already left.

>~~<

'fourth... fifth grade! okay... uh— i just go inside!', the child muttered and whispered on their way to class, gaining stares, not like they could feel them. they opened the door and nudged their way inside the colourful room. 'woah, there's already so many other people... i wonder what they like to do...', they thought. the slightly smaller child approached a few girls, "hello? hi! i'm elise! what's your name?". unfortunately, elise did not get a response or a nod.

they quickly backed away and chose another group of children to approach, two boys. "hello! i'm elise, what's your name?", elise introduced. "dude, who is this girl? and why did she approach us?", the boy whispered quickly to the other boy, "dude, i don't know, and i don't care. tell her to leave us alone or something.", the boy retaliated, in front of her, clearly hearing the conversation. elise frowned and backed away again, hoping to find maybe one person to befriend.

the third bell rang, elise sat through the day while only befriending two people. before she moved here, everyone would want to be her friend, her hair was pretty and they loved how much she talked and chattered. her new classmates talked about her, of course not to her. only would she overhear the smallest bits, "that pink... too loud", "girl, she's... like, no one... cute", "i can't believe that she...", "...what an easy..."

oh well, she made two friends! it's not as much but two friends are better than none!

>~~<

"daddy! daddy! i made two friends!", the child exclaimed.
"sweetie, with your cute hair, i thought you would've gotten more.", the father frowned but quickly plastered on a smile, picking her up and spinning her around, wondering what her classmates were like.
"i think they were sad because they have school again, but not me! i'm so happy!", the naive child giggled.
"i think so too.", the father, spun her again, lying to his child to keep her happy.