forgotten

her birthday stood around the corner, february 17th. being february 10th, it was a week away. elise plans to invite everyone in her class, through letters left on their desks. and so she starts saving for decorations, each day she would do simple chores that she didn't need to. elise smiled more at school, it wasn't as bad as before. many balloons litter her floor, different shades of pink in different sizes. mainly smaller due to her inability to blow so much air, she'd have her father help her. shifting her attention to her mother's room and entering it, elise clawed through her old mother's closet for any dresses, smaller ones. a cute white and light blue laid in front of her.

february 16th, her birthday was tomorrow! school passed in a blur, all she knew was that she smiled, brightly. she'd gotten everything she wanted; birthday hats, decorations, ribbons, she even tried out the dress! it was slightly bigger than her, but after a wash and scrub, it fitted glamorously anyway. elise was so excited for tomorrow, writing her invitations the night before bed, 21 letters lay across her desk. "come to my party! cake and balloons, ribbons too! 4:30pm :) - elise" she'd even forgotten her daily journal writing today.

beep, beep bee—
the sun blinded her through her closed curtains, groaning, elise lifted her covers off and slouched to her drawer. quickly changing into her clothes, she left her room, opening the door to the unoccupied bathroom. she flushed the toilet and washed her hands with soap. grabbing her toothbrush, paste, and cup. she left the bathroom, re-entering her room and grabbing her backpack. she looked at the calendar, february 17th, she felt giddy inside. sweeping the letters off her desk, elise greeted her father, ate her breakfast, and dipped. she found herself paying attention the past upcoming-birthday week, being able to distance herself from her other thinking habits.
during lunch, elise put a letter on every desk, excited. the clock ticked, and ticked. the bell rang, it was home time, it was time for the party.

elise changed into her dress, spinning around and looking at herself in the mirror. she had her dad order the cake, on the dining table. and for an hour, she set up everything, using her father as a leverage for hanging decorations, everything was exactly how she wanted it, balloons stood at sides, confetti ready to explode, and there was one gift, her father's. there were thirty minutes left, elise placed eleven candles in the cake. "papa, i can't wait! what if they get here early? will they get here early?", elise smiled "i'm sure they'll come." her father smiled back at her.
it's 6:25
"did my invitations disappear?", elise frowned, no one had shown up. she sat on her spot, slightly frowning, "tell me why no one's here?" she complained.
"...maybe it's a cruel joke on me.", she comforted herself. her father left for work, she lit the candles by herself. the wax melting, tears forming in her eyes.

"it's my party and i'll cry if i want to.", she burst out, her tears dripping onto the floor, grinning manically.
"i'll cry until my candles burn down this cake", she sat there, sobbing into her dress.
what a pity party. elise's eyes reflected the burning light, the room blurry.

elise cried, she screamed out of frustration, running to her room and she laid on the bed stomach down, crying.
"i'll cry until this pity party's in flames.", she broke down, crying until her tears ran dry.
elise sat in bed, holding a pillow, until the front door opened. she hadn't known how much time had passed, she could imagine her father frowning at the mess she made in her fit. her door locked, the candles melted, and muffled sobbing rang throughout the silent house.

what a pity party.

---

a/n
this doesnt really effect my writing but it does bother me

a/nthis doesnt really effect my writing but it does bother me