learning

a week has passed, elise called out "here" for attendance, her voice less enthusiastic. silence rang throughout the room, only a scratch of a pencil emitted noise. a week has passed, elise made no new friends. she was ridiculed by many others, a week has passed, elise comes home with bruises but refuses to tell her father anything.

"we are going to watch a video on how...", elise dissociated, drowning in her thoughts. "how long until the day is over? how long until i get home?" she thought, those questions staying in the back of mind 'till lunchtime. she looked around her class, looking to see if her two 'friends' were here. elise couldn't focus at all during classes, her mind kept wandering, drawing in numerous thoughts. her overall aura dimmed, her smiles seen less frequently. albeit when she returned home, she pretended everything was right. she's not going to a bad guy.

afternoon classes began, the lunch period was over. going to socials, what the school called the class. it was another day of world history, every monday felt like a burden waiting for elise. she was physically exhausted, her muscles tensing. "the teachers don't care about me, ignore how i feel, as long as they make money", elise muttered under breath, "and i can't believe it."

thankfully, the rest of the day went smoothly, no one pointed her tooth gap every time she smiled. and she walked home, ready to lie about her day. tonight, elise hugged her father, ate her dinner plate clean, and did her homework. school was good, it always was! "kids forever, kids forever"
"you liar", guilt ridden in her diary, she journaled down her thoughts daily after the first week. school was no short than horrible, some days she just wanted to skip some days, praying that'd she'd catch a cold.

 school was no short than horrible, some days she just wanted to skip some days, praying that'd she'd catch a cold

with no other words to write down, elise went to bed and dreamed of nothing for once. she hated lying to her father, but she didn't want him to worry. she hates being called a baby for still saying "papa".
it's whatever.